Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2015, 07:45 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,239,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Something like a Golden Corral or Western Sizzlin would be good for Greer. But isn´t there still a Ryanś on Wade Hampton? I would like to see Ryanś return to previous standards.

Dennyś would also be good. But I still wish a Shoneyś or Big Boy could return to the area. And I really prefer the old Big Boy format which still exists in Ohio, Kentucky, Michigan, and California.

And I was also pleased to hear a Culverś is apparently coming to Greer.
Ryan's #2126 has depreciated in quality, service and value it is not worth dining at. Golden Corral and/or Western Sizzlin would be an upgrade.

Denny's needs to add more locations throughout the upcountry South Carolina region. Either it needs more franchisees to operate locations, or it should grow the number of corporate owned and operated locations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2015, 09:10 PM

7,258 posts, read 4,627,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Denny's needs to add more locations throughout the upcountry South Carolina region. Either it needs more franchisees to operate locations, or it should grow the number of corporate owned and operated locations.
I wish they would...seeing how their corporate headquarters is in downtown Spartanburg. But several years ago they closed the one at exit 63 in Duncan. The one in Spartanburg on Reidville Rd just a few miles from their HQ has gone down the drain in service...almost no one there whenever we go now too despite repeated chances. Last time we went no one even came to our table or acknowledged us. No responses for complaints either. That one is franchised owned by the same group that owns the one between Taylor's and Greenville on Wade Hampton but that ones usually good though....hope they improve.

Old 11-03-2015, 05:51 AM

5,015 posts, read 8,180,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Ryan's #2126 has depreciated in quality, service and value it is not worth dining at. Golden Corral and/or Western Sizzlin would be an upgrade.

Maybe now that they have been bought out they will change? The bathrooms there are so ugly, outdated and dirty looking! Obvioulsy corporate must go back to their bathrooms at the office when they eat there.

Old 11-19-2015, 09:07 AM

690 posts, read 1,146,383 times
Cookout opens on Friday.

Old 11-19-2015, 09:10 AM

Default Cook-Out, 1353 West Wade Hampton Boulevard, Greer, South Carolina 29650-1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valien View Post
Cookout opens on Friday.
This is good news.

Old 11-19-2015, 09:19 AM

Default Ryan's #2126, 1501 West Poinsett Street, Greer, South Carolina 29650-1255

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
Maybe now that they have been bought out they will change? The bathrooms there are so ugly, outdated and dirty looking! Obviously corporate must go back to their bathrooms at the office when they eat there.
Any retailer or restaurant that has a location at their corporate offices should have high expectations and standards for that location. If less than mediocrity is the best that can be achieved, changes need to be made at the location and/or in the corporate offices.

Since being acquired by Buffets, Incorporated, now Ovation Brands, Ryan's has changed for the worse. I would continue to patronize two other locations because they do very well. I do not see myself returning to Ryan's #2126.

Old 11-19-2015, 09:25 AM

103 posts, read 129,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valien View Post
Cookout opens on Friday.
MMM MMM MMM. Can't wait.

Also - I noticed the Arby's just down Wade Hampton is getting a full remodel. That's about 25-30 years overdue IMO. Building probably isn't even that old, but man...that place was dumpy.

Old 11-19-2015, 01:47 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,355,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by esd087 View Post
MMM MMM MMM. Can't wait.

Also - I noticed the Arby's just down Wade Hampton is getting a full remodel. That's about 25-30 years overdue IMO. Building probably isn't even that old, but man...that place was dumpy.
Still wish they could convert just one of those Arbyś to Roy Rogers. Much better product for roast beef. But I wished the same thing back when Hardeeś bought Roy Rogers. They did the conversion backwards, as Roy Rogers was a much better restaurant. They learned that lesson the hard way. But now Royś is independent and expanding once again. Wish they would come back south of Virginia.

Old 11-21-2015, 07:19 AM

Default Cook-Out, 1353 West Wade Hampton Boulevard, Greer, South Carolina 29650-1124

Quote:
MMM MMM MMM. Can't wait.
Because of time constraints, I was limited to using the drive thru in my encounter at this Cook-Out location. I ordered a double cheeseburger, fries with cheese, and a huge tea for less than seven dollars. The prices are reasonable. The food tasted delicious and was excellent.

I should get a better feel for Cook-Out from a dine-in visit.

Old 11-21-2015, 07:28 AM

Default Arby's #6386, 1317 West Wade Hampton Boulevard, Greer, South Carolina 29650-1122

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Still wish they could convert just one of those Arbyś to Roy Rogers. Much better product for roast beef. But I wished the same thing back when Hardeeś bought Roy Rogers. They did the conversion backwards, as Roy Rogers was a much better restaurant. They learned that lesson the hard way. But now Royś is independent and expanding once again. Wish they would come back south of Virginia.
Arby's #6386 has been open for 15 to 20 years. I know service has been limited to the drive thru as the dining room is undergoing remodeling. The last time I checked, the road signage has been changed to reflect Arby's new logo, and the restaurant is temporarily closed to improve the kitchen and finish the remodel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area