Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 06:16 PM

596 posts, read 932,171 times

Advertisements

my concern about buying in that area is that it could be difficult to sell your house even in a good housing market.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2013, 08:21 PM

pebble creek area doesn't seem to be a buzzworthy area of Greenville these days. if I mention powdersville, I get a lot of responses. nothing with Pebble Creek.

if they had done pebble creek the right way it would be like the Hampton cove area of Huntsville.

Old 02-05-2013, 08:36 PM

1,841 posts, read 2,739,938 times
I frequently go to Pebble Creek (Creekside) to visit friends - I don't know anything about the criteria to be buzzworthy, but the golf courses add a decent suburban ambiance with a golfing flair as they thread throughout a wide area. The residents I know of like their area.

Old 02-05-2013, 08:46 PM

well, when i searched for pebble creek threads, not much came up. if you search powdersville , you got a lot of hits. i guess it's because pebble creek was established in 1970s plus a lot of people in Greenville seem to abhor the wade Hampton corridor and that probably kills off interest in pebble creek.

Old 07-21-2015, 05:54 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,821,156 times
I know this thread is over 2 years old, but can someone explain these posts to me? Are you talking about Pebble Creek CC in Taylors? I drove around Pebble Creek about an hour ago and thought it was very pretty. It looks like a safe, quiet community. The properties were well cared for and all I saw were people walking their dogs. There were some golfers crazy enough to be playing in this heat.

I'm just not sure what "if they had done pebble creek the right way" means or "my concern about buying in that area is that it could be difficult to sell your house even in a good housing market."

Thanks for any feedback on this community.

Old 07-21-2015, 06:09 PM

21,003 posts, read 26,983,613 times
The Pebble Creek area, although not mentioned much, remains popular and desirable. Stallings Road, the major road through the area between Reid School Road and Rutherford Road, is fully developed.

Old 07-21-2015, 06:18 PM

Thanks. I'm staying in a guest cottage in the Cliffs, about 14 miles from BiLo and Ingles in Landrum off of 11. The address is Landrum, but I think it's really Gowensville. I dunno! I Googled the words Glassy Mountain and the description is a "a mountain close to Pickens SC." Gorgeous views, but my car definitely needs some extra pep to get up the hill.

Anyway, I saw a lovely home listed in the Pebble Creek area, so I drove by it late this afternoon.

Old 07-21-2015, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Thanks. I'm staying in a guest cottage in the Cliffs, about 14 miles from BiLo and Ingles in Landrum off of 11. The address is Landrum, but I think it's really Gowensville. I dunno! I Googled the words Glassy Mountain and the description is a "a mountain close to Pickens SC." Gorgeous views, but my car definitely needs some extra pep to get up the hill.

Anyway, I thought I'd look around the area and saw a lovely home listed in Pebble Creek.
Pickens County does have a small mountain known as Glassy Mountain. Take Farr's Bridge Road (South Carolina Highway 183) east out of Pickens toward Greenville, then left onto South Glassy Mountain Road, then left onto South Glassy Mountain Church Road. The road takes you up to the top where a fire tower stands. The views are great.

The northeastern section of Greenville County, including Gowensville, is included in ZIP code 29356, Landrum.

Are you satisfied so far with what you saw so far in Pebble Creek?

Old 07-21-2015, 06:57 PM

I guess this is a different mountain. I'm staying in a gated community called "The Cliffs at Glassy" off of route 11. It's about 15 miles from the intersection of 14 and 11 if you're coming from Tryon NC. Very beautiful homes, but way out of my price bracket. I am staying in a small apartment (it's like a treehouse) in back of an estate home.

Yes, I thought Pebble Creek was lovely.

Old 07-21-2015, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I guess this is a different mountain. I'm staying in a gated community called "The Cliffs at Glassy" off of route 11. It's about 15 miles from the intersection of 14 and 11 if you're coming from Tryon NC. Very beautiful homes, but way out of my price bracket. I am staying in a small apartment (it's like a treehouse) in back of an estate home.

Yes, I thought Pebble Creek was lovely.
You did mention food retailers in Landrum. Have you checked out that city to see if it interests you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area