Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2014, 12:11 PM

4 posts, read 5,926 times

Advertisements

Well for starters, we are looking to relocate to the Greenville area, along with a lot of others from what I have read. I guess my main question is what do families do during the summer for their school agers, as in child care? My husband and I both plan to work so I need to know my son (9 yrs) will be taken care of while we are at work. I haven't read recently about this subject on this forum so I thought I would ask.

We have visited twice and like the greer or simpsonville area. Of course, schools are top priority! So if we were to pick one of the two locations, does anyone have suggestions on child care? I would like a place for the summertime and after school hours. A place that does activites would be great. Speaking of schools, do any schools offer after school programs?

Hopefully I gave enough information to start with. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2014, 11:20 AM

Is this question taboo or just to broad of a question?

Old 02-03-2014, 01:12 PM

148 posts, read 221,611 times
I send my kid to Tween Scene when school is closed. I will be sending mine there as well during the summer. It really is a neat place. I heard that during the summer they take them all kinds of places and they have every kind of video game imaginable! I walked in to tour it last year and there were lots of boys in there but you could hear a pen drop with all of them playing video games!

You can also look into The Sports Club. I know they have a place where the kids can go after school and during the summer.

Most schools have an after school program. That is where my 5 year old stays until about 6pm during the week. They help them with their homework so we don't have to do it after work.

Hope this helps!

Old 02-03-2014, 02:24 PM

Tween Scene and The Sports Club are located in what city?
They both sound like great places. Thanks for the info.

Old 02-03-2014, 02:27 PM

148 posts, read 221,611 times
They both of multiple locations in Greenville, Simpsonville, and Mauldin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area