Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2014, 12:14 PM

3,352 posts, read 6,407,211 times

Advertisements

I understand what CityTarget is, I've seen one before and it doesn't fit Main Street. It doesn't matter the size, seeing large Target "Bull Eyes" all over a development isn't that appealing. I'm not necassarily against corporate stores on Main Street, but whatever store that does go there shouldn't have huge logos all over its building subtracting from the overall feel of Main Street.

I definitely understand the need for a store like Target near downtown, but are we truly going to suggest we'd want to see the Bulls Eye when walking around Falls Park? I'd hope not. Or what about standing in line for a concert at the Peace Center? I'd hope not. It's just far too much for Main Street and MAIN STREET as we know it (meaning the term Main Street) doesn't have stores like Target on it but more mom and pop shops or smaller stores like Starbucks or Ralph Lauren, not the full on Target no matter how small it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2014, 08:51 PM

4,559 posts, read 5,915,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post
I understand what CityTarget is, I've seen one before and it doesn't fit Main Street. It doesn't matter the size, seeing large Target "Bull Eyes" all over a development isn't that appealing. I'm not necassarily against corporate stores on Main Street, but whatever store that does go there shouldn't have huge logos all over its building subtracting from the overall feel of Main Street.

I definitely understand the need for a store like Target near downtown, but are we truly going to suggest we'd want to see the Bulls Eye when walking around Falls Park? I'd hope not. Or what about standing in line for a concert at the Peace Center? I'd hope not. It's just far too much for Main Street and MAIN STREET as we know it (meaning the term Main Street) doesn't have stores like Target on it but more mom and pop shops or smaller stores like Starbucks or Ralph Lauren, not the full on Target no matter how small it is.
How do we know it would have a large logo? How is this much different from the CVS on Main? Ahh the horror of seeing retail across from the Peace Center.LOL The Peace Center is full of corporate sponsors logos. Looks like most of the retail will be on the back side of the plaza anyway.

Old 12-08-2014, 05:59 PM

503 posts, read 685,934 times
NO TARGET! NO WALMART! NOT IN MY BEAUTIFUL DOWNTOWN.....::end rage:: lol

Old 12-08-2014, 09:48 PM

2,490 posts, read 2,531,475 times
Some of you guys will b**** about anything

Old 12-21-2014, 09:14 AM

5,125 posts, read 7,253,415 times
Greenville News announced today that print operations will once again return to Greenville, at a new facility opening next year in Taylors. Apparently the move to Gastonia was not functional as intended, as there were late deliveries and papers missing ad supplements and various sections. Plus late news and sports could not meet the earlier press deadline, and perhaps the transportation costs were also a factor due to the extended distance for delivery. The paper is now temporarily printed in Columbia until the new Taylors facility is established.

Old 12-21-2014, 06:35 PM

503 posts, read 685,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Greenville News announced today that print operations will once again return to Greenville, at a new facility opening next year in Taylors. Apparently the move to Gastonia was not functional as intended, as there were late deliveries and papers missing ad supplements and various sections. Plus late news and sports could not meet the earlier press deadline, and perhaps the transportation costs were also a factor due to the extended distance for delivery. The paper is now temporarily printed in Columbia until the new Taylors facility is established.
ROFLMBO yeah wonder who could have predicted this would happen....Just about ever one of us on this board at the time.

Old 12-22-2014, 09:17 PM

4,559 posts, read 5,915,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Geez now Columbia instead of Gastonia. That should help delivery time! Funny I was in Greenwood Sunday (50 miles closer to Columbia) and no Greenville News to be found anywhere to buy. Always been available there even for home delivery.

Old 12-24-2014, 04:16 PM

6,476 posts, read 6,381,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post

Its really not that big a deal...

Old 01-28-2015, 05:24 PM

5,466 posts, read 8,252,351 times
Default Here Is Info On What's Planned

Take first look at plans for 'Greenville News' building site | Local News - WYFF Home

Was announced a while back, but was never put here. This article is from today.

Old 01-28-2015, 05:33 PM

5,466 posts, read 8,252,351 times
Default Rendering

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area