U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 10:17 PM

7 posts, read 18,710 times

Advertisements

My family and I are moving to Gray Court from florida and are wondering if there is anything for teenagers to do or any buses that they can take to greenville or laurens to find a job?? Whats it like there? How are the schools?? Are there jobs there?? What are we in for???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2007, 10:52 PM

5,010 posts, read 8,547,039 times
Goodness, I passed through Gray Court once. There is very little to do there as it is a tiny town. I doubt bus service goes out that far, but maybe someone from that area will know.

Old 12-09-2007, 09:59 PM

75 posts, read 265,450 times
Busses? Ehh thats a negative. Matter of fact the only city in the Greenville area that has a metro bus system is greenville city itself, although i think they might run through parts of mauldin sometimes.

Old 12-10-2007, 12:35 PM

69 posts, read 217,815 times
There are a lot of cows and horses in Gray Court. I think they have a FD and a gas station on the 101 side too. That's about it. It's right on 385 though, so you can be in Simpsonville in 5 minutes, Greenville in 10. Or if you're on teh other side of Gray Court you can drive through a few small mill towns and hit 26 and be in Spartanburg in abt 20 minutes.
I don't think they even have a grocery store there. I know someone that lives there and she drives into Greenville or Laurens for her shopping/drs appts/etc.

Oh and there are a lot of Wild Turkeys. I had never in my life seen one until I went to Gray Court. They just plop right out in the road.

It's very pretty there though, it's in the country, not a lot of clutter.

Old 12-10-2007, 12:36 PM

69 posts, read 217,815 times
and buses only operate within Greenville, Taylors and Spartanburg.

Old 02-17-2009, 01:58 PM

1 posts, read 2,666 times
Do many people live in Gray Court?

Old 02-17-2009, 03:39 PM

642 posts, read 1,388,252 times
It is small little town if you are looking to live in a place with a country feel too it you will love it there. Nothing much around and a lot of old houses and trailers. No buses but like someone else said you will be close to simpsonville. But other then that not much to say about Gray Court other then blah :O) Hope you like it there.

Old 02-17-2009, 04:22 PM

3,199 posts, read 3,433,096 times
Gray Court? Yuk. Not for me, but for some.

Old 02-18-2009, 08:42 AM

9 posts, read 13,757 times
Default Gray Court is a dead area

the actual town is pretty bad...lots of low income folks. I hope you're not actually living in the town of Gray Court. It's extremely sketchy. My wife is from the country outside of the town. And as someone who grew up there..she said she would NEVER live in Laurens county again. Schools are pretty bad by comparison to surrounding counties, i.e. Greenville, Spartanburg, and Newberry. I myself worked in Laurens for awhile and was shocked at the number of people who sent their children to the new Laurens Academy.

Old 02-22-2009, 07:48 AM

5 posts, read 5,659 times
I live in Gray Court, not in town but outside the city limits. Its a very small town, but its a beautiful area as you get out and away. Rolling pastures, hardwood forest, Planted pines. Just like any other place in Upstate South Carolina. It has its good points and its bad. Downtown Gray Court there's hardly much. Mr. Curry's Hardware store owned by Gray Curry - Super nice guy. There are a few ethnic restaraunts etc, package store (of course) and a couple gas stations. Life in Gray Court is about WHERE you live. I must say, although there are some nasty areas, there are some beautiful AnteBellum homes around, a couple I'm sure reach back to the 1860's. I'm hoping that a revitalization will clean up the nasty areas and the trashy mobile homes in the middle of the town get cleaned up. Maybe now that jobs are getting scarce there will be less call for migrant (hence illegal aliens) living there. During the growing season its not good.

Other than that, I'm glad we moved here, I love my neighbors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area