Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 04:24 AM

9,492 posts, read 9,801,818 times

Advertisements

"I live in an area where we have fire stations on every corner, so I don't feel anyone should have a fire extinguisher at home, or in their car."

The above statement is as stupid as the logic that says "You don't need a gun in this town because there are cops and cameras everywhere."

Never mind the fact that you're more likely to be shot, tased, or killed by a cop than you are to win the lottery, get struck by lightning, or robbed at gunpoint by a non-government thief. Never mind the fact that the supreme court of the united states has explicitly ruled that cops have no duty or obligation to protect you or to STOP crime in progress (Warren vs. DC). Never mind the fact that regardless of how many cops are in the area, they don't make you safer, and you can't carry one on your person at all times...

You don't want people bringing guns into your establishment? Fine by me. Did you really need to insult law abiding, background checked, solid, upstanding people who carry weapons for their own protection? No... he didn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2014, 08:25 AM

1,153 posts, read 1,660,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Who goes to a bar and doesn't drink?
People who go to bars for their wonderful food.

/sarcasm

Old 03-21-2014, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobo7396 View Post
People who go to bars for their wonderful food.

/sarcasm
They have Pub and Grill in their name.

/correction

Old 03-21-2014, 09:37 AM

202 posts, read 295,376 times
I think it is humorous that a bar owner, somebody who sells alcohol, is beating up on guns. Guns don't affect judgement, alcohol does. Guns also don't damage the owner's body like alcohol can with liver disease and other problems.

This kind of reminds me of how abortion supporters always oppose the death penalty to try to make up for it.

Old 03-21-2014, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esso View Post
I think it is humorous that a bar owner, somebody who sells alcohol, is beating up on guns. Guns don't affect judgement, alcohol does. Guns also don't damage the owner's body like alcohol can with liver disease and other problems.

This kind of reminds me of how abortion supporters always oppose the death penalty to try to make up for it.
Good point. I wonder how much concern he has when his customers get behind the wheel of their car after having a couple of drinks. Sure the bar owner could be held liable for one of his customers killing someone with their car, but how often are business owners put on trial?

According to MADD, there were 358 deaths attributed to drunk driving in SC in 2012 (41% of all traffic deaths btw).

I could not find any data where a CWP holder shot up a bar and killed customers that were drinking in SC in 2012 or 2013...or any year for that matter.

So seriously, who are the douchebags now?

Old 03-22-2014, 08:18 AM

1,289 posts, read 2,576,072 times
Has anyone ever eaten there? Their wings used to be awesome. And if you know anything about their usual crowd, they won't have any problem staying open.

Old 03-24-2014, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvillesc View Post
Has anyone ever eaten there? Their wings used to be awesome. And if you know anything about their usual crowd, they won't have any problem staying open.
I'm sure he will be fine. My concerns if I was a patron there would not be for the CWP holders, but the first nut that wants to come in and try to rob the place at gun point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area