Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2014, 05:58 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,061,351 times

Advertisements

I'm not talking mowing lawns, everything else from clean-ups to stone to mulch to sod? My husband had his own landscaping business in FL and wants to start it up here. I'm trying to figure out where the best place is to advertise. We had a small paper book called the Treasure Chest that advertised local businesses and was tossed in driveways weekly where he would advertise. It's not a Penny Saver or regular newspaper either. I haven't seen anything like that here. Any suggestions? Local small papers or magazines?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2014, 06:01 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,526,677 times
Flyers in mailboxes is what many do.

Old 03-22-2014, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
Flyers in mailboxes is what many do.
Is that legal? I'm talking about just putting them in the box yourself or do they have to be sent through the mail?

Old 03-22-2014, 07:07 PM

896 posts, read 1,139,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
Is that legal? I'm talking about just putting them in the box yourself or do they have to be sent through the mail?
I do not think it is legal unless you are sending it through the mail. What about door hangers?

Old 03-22-2014, 07:10 PM

2,781 posts, read 3,291,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
Technically, only the USPS and the owner of the box are allowed to open a mailbox. Many neighborhoods have paper boxes below the mailbox. People stuff junk in mine a lot.

I had one landscaper throw out a small ziploc bag with 2 pieces of river rock and a business card in the middle of my driveway.

I personally enjoy yard work except mowing grass and raking. I like designing and working in flower beds so I wouldn't pay someone to do it.

Old 03-22-2014, 07:27 PM

672 posts, read 1,417,908 times
I would start with a Craigslist ad and flyers in newspaper boxes. If you live in a subdivision, perhaps there is a community newsletter? Bulletin boards at local grocery stores, businesses, restaurants. Good luck!

Old 03-22-2014, 07:58 PM

We've done the ziplock with river rock and flyers in the past in FL. We didn't get much response. Maybe it's different here? We also tried the coupon book in the mail. (very expensive and no response) I'd like to hear from others if you use these type of advertisements. We did just started advertising on Craigslist. I'm surprised there is no town book or magazine. I know some communities have a newsletter but unfortunately ours does not.

Thanks for the suggestions and good luck wishes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
View detailed profiles of: