Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 09:58 AM

24 posts, read 37,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odieman44 View Post
lsc22, we live on the lake, so you could say that we "partake" in that every day . We bought a kayak, and our neighbors do quite a bit of fishing. There is a put-in for folks who don't live on the lake to put in their kayak or boat (no gasoline motors - electric only). We went to the pool a few times last summer, and we always had a good time. They are also planning to renovate the clubhouse in the near future, so keep that in mind. There are also tennis courts, but neither my wife nor I play.
Thanks again! One other question-are the mosquitoes a million times worse since you are by the lake? We moved here from Colorado, where it was very dry and they weren't an issue to begin with, so I am leary of being so close to water....even though we really want to be "close" to water, haha!
Do people and/or dogs swim in the lake? (I have a dog who will be in heaven if he is able. And probably do everything he can to GET to the lake)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2014, 10:07 AM

21,020 posts, read 27,221,764 times
Does Half Mile Lake still have the walking trail from Beckenham Lane to Waters Edge Drive?

Old 04-09-2014, 12:32 PM

73 posts, read 121,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsc22 View Post
Thanks again! One other question-are the mosquitoes a million times worse since you are by the lake? We moved here from Colorado, where it was very dry and they weren't an issue to begin with, so I am leary of being so close to water....even though we really want to be "close" to water, haha!
Do people and/or dogs swim in the lake? (I have a dog who will be in heaven if he is able. And probably do everything he can to GET to the lake)
No, we haven't had issues with mosquitoes. The lake is fed by a stream, and it drains at the other end of the lake, so there is really no standing water.

As for people, my wife and my dad have fallen in off of kayaks. However, I wouldn't recommend swimming in it. Technically, the covenants say that dogs must be fenced or on a leash, and I haven't seen any in the lake since we've lived here. The previous owner said that they had a dog that would get out and chase the ducks into the lake occasionally, but I don't think it would be good as a regular occurrence.

Old 04-09-2014, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Does Half Mile Lake still have the walking trail from Beckenham Lane to Waters Edge Drive?
Yes, there is still a walking trail, with a gazebo and a large grassy area. That is also where the put-in is to the lake.

Old 04-09-2014, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Yes, there is still a walking trail, with a gazebo and a large grassy area. That is also where the put-in is to the lake.
Do you mean put-in as in boat ramps? I have not seen any boat ramps or boats on the lake myself.

Old 04-10-2014, 07:42 AM

148 posts, read 222,035 times
Botany Woods...more conservative...

Not in politics but socially yes. There is a large group of younger adults that get together for neighborhood parties but you have to be "invited." I hear that the Christmas parties get wild though! haha!

Old 04-10-2014, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Do you mean put-in as in boat ramps? I have not seen any boat ramps or boats on the lake myself.
Yes. They allow boats with electric motors (or no motor at all, obviously). I don't know if there is a size limit. Our neighbor has a few small boats he uses for fishing, and we've got a kayak.

Old 04-10-2014, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Yes. They allow boats with electric motors (or no motor at all, obviously). I don't know if there is a size limit. Our neighbor has a few small boats he uses for fishing, and we've got a kayak.
Is fishing permitted at Half Mile Lake?

Old 04-10-2014, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Is fishing permitted at Half Mile Lake?
Yes, but it is catch and release only.

Old 04-10-2014, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Yes, but it is catch and release only.
What species of fish are in the lake?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area