Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2020, 06:23 AM

9,491 posts, read 9,801,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Bi-Lo is still the best grocery store chain ever.
...said nobody ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2021, 04:02 PM

4,600 posts, read 6,005,738 times
Bids out for Thornblade Publix remodel. Publix McBee Station and Woodruff@Butler Rd bids previously for store remodels.

Old 01-17-2021, 06:44 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,217,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitewaterVol View Post
I really wish Ingles would start curbside pickup with their stores.
Ingle's Markets has recently started curbside pickup at nine Ingle's stores in North Carolina and South Carolina. No Greenville County location has curbside pickup yet.

Old 01-17-2021, 06:55 PM

It has been a while since I updated this list. The end of BI-LO will result in changes ahead.

Supermarket
  • BI-LO (14 stores): Fountain Inn, Greenville (6 stores), Greer (2 stores), Mauldin, Simpsonville (3 stores), Travelers Rest
  • Food Lion (2 stores): Piedmont, Simpsonville
  • Harris Teeter (2 stores): Greenville
  • Ingle's (8 stores): Greenville (3 stores), Greer, Mauldin, Piedmont, Simpsonville, Travelers Rest
  • Lowe's Foods (3 stores): Greenville, Greer, Simpsonville
  • Publix (11 stores): Greenville (5 stores), Greer, Mauldin, Simpsonville (3 stores), Taylors
  • Quality Foods (1 store): Greer
  • Walmart Neighborhood Market (5 stores): Greenville (2 stores), Greer, Simpsonville (2 stores)
Hypermarket
  • Walmart Supercenter (6 stores): Greenville (3 stores), Simpsonville, Taylors, Travelers Rest
Wholesale club
  • Costco (1 store): Greenville
  • Sam's Club (1 store): Greenville
Specialty organic/gourmet grocery
  • Earth Fare (1 store): Greenville
  • The Fresh Market (2 stores): Greenville
  • Sprouts Farmers Market (1 store): Greenville
  • Trader Joe's (1 store): Greenville
  • Whole Foods Market (1 store): Greenville
Limited assortment/discount grocery
  • Aldi (7 stores): Greenville (4 stores), Greer, Simpsonville, Taylors
  • Lidl (2 stores): Greenville

Food Lion will gain eight BI-LO stores in Fountain Inn, Greenville (3 stores), Greer (2 stores), and Simpsonville (2 stores) to increase its Greenville County store count to ten stores.

Aldi will open a store in Mauldin to increase its Greenville County store count to eight stores.

Old 01-17-2021, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Bids out for Thornblade Publix remodel. Publix McBee Station and Woodruff@Butler Rd bids previously for store remodels.
Publix #531 is adding self checkouts.

Old 01-18-2021, 07:04 AM

321 posts, read 406,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Ingle's Markets has recently started curbside pickup at nine Ingle's stores in North Carolina and South Carolina. No Greenville County location has curbside pickup yet.
I think people really want this and I'm baffled that it has taken Ingles this long to start offering pickup.

Saturday evening there were about 15 cars lined up around the building at W. Georgia Rd Walmart Neighborhood Market. Not sure why there was a backup but looking at how far out the pickup times are this has been a huge win for Walmart.

Old 01-18-2021, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by russwd View Post
I think people really want this and I'm baffled that it has taken Ingles this long to start offering pickup.

Saturday evening there were about 15 cars lined up around the building at W. Georgia Rd Walmart Neighborhood Market. Not sure why there was a backup but looking at how far out the pickup times are this has been a huge win for Walmart.
I would not sit in line for them. I have heard people have to wait up to an hour and checkouts are always a mess too. I would move right on to Publix or Food Lion. Don't they both have pickup? I know the Food Lion over on 25 does now.

Last edited by vistatiger; 01-18-2021 at 08:19 AM..

Old 01-19-2021, 02:51 PM

Bids out for new Aldi#112 in Mauldin on North Main.

Last edited by vistatiger; 01-19-2021 at 03:04 PM..

Old 01-20-2021, 06:55 AM

321 posts, read 406,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
I would not sit in line for them. I have heard people have to wait up to an hour and checkouts are always a mess too. I would move right on to Publix or Food Lion. Don't they both have pickup? I know the Food Lion over on 25 does now.
Agreed, there is no way I would sit in my car that long to pick up groceries but since those people have already scheduled the pickup and their groceries are probably sitting in the store ready to go they really have no option but to wait in the car line no matter how long it takes. That would be frustrating.

I am currently trying out the free Walmart+ subscription. I've tried the "Scan and Go" where you scan your items as you shop and then scan the barcode and pay at a self-checkout on your way out. It works pretty good but you still have to wait in line at the self-checkout like everyone else. I'm not sure how much time it saves. I also tried the free Walmart grocery delivery for orders over $35 and it worked pretty good too. They were out of several items on my list though.

Old 11-15-2021, 09:22 PM

192 posts, read 207,002 times
I guess time to restart this thread.

I would love for Kroger to come to the Upstate. I understand Kroger owns Harris Teeter but it would be cool to get some Kroger Marketplace superstores in particular. Knoxville, Tri Cities of TN, Athens (GA), Virginia, and Columbia all have Kroger Marketplace. So, essentially, the Upstate of SC and NC where completely cut out.

I would say try and squeeze in a Kroger Marketplace into the Upstate. Athens has one. Knoxville has multiple in its MSA. Maybe try and have it complement the Harris Teeter portion of the portfolio. Harris teeter be the supermarket and Marketplace be a superstore competitor.

It is kind of sad that the Midwest gets Meijer, most all areas around us get Kroger Marketplace, and yet we are a hole who does not have a 3rd superstore competitor yet to Target and Walmart, lol. Meijer is in Kentucky and SC is not in their 10 year plan (makes sense).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area