Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2017, 12:47 PM

446 posts, read 415,306 times

Advertisements

Yet another grocery store on Woodruff Road, though, is insane. Traffic used to not be so bad on the Hwy. 14 side of Woodruff Road, but is getting worse by the day.

There's an empty Bloom building off of Bridges Road and Holland Road. Why not put something like this there? I realize it doesn't get as much traffic, but zoning has to start somewhere and divert traffic away from the mess that is Woodruff Road.

A specialty store like Sprouts Farmers Market would probably draw people to it as opposed to just the drive by traffic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2017, 12:56 PM

308 posts, read 270,151 times
There's also an empty Bloom building on Pelham and Highway 14 which I think could do well, but that seems like beating a dead horse at this point. I think someone is camping on the lease. If you venture down to Five Forks you would give up on the idea that anyone cares about managing Woodruff traffic at this point.

Old 05-08-2017, 02:56 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,358,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
The southeast corner of Woodruff Road and Highway 14 in the Simpsonville community is up for rezoning for the proposed specialty organic grocer Sprouts Farmers Market.

Further Reading
Davis, Angela. "Residents again prepare for fight against Woodruff Road rezoning." The Greenville News. 6 May 2017.
I guess Harris Teeter has lost interest in this site. It was speculated it was under consideration during previous zoning disputes.

Old 05-08-2017, 03:17 PM

4,601 posts, read 6,016,803 times
I think I would blame the increased traffic on all the new housing developments. Nothing new or original on Woodruff past 385 I would drive to from other parts of the city. Maybe Sams.

I agree with the above post. I had much rather have the Bloom property at Holland Rd/385. Much easier on/off for Simpsonville/Mauldin and surrounding area.

Old 05-08-2017, 09:14 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,245,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AginGreer View Post
Will really enjoy having a nice grocery store on Highway 14 if it goes through.
A supermarket at Hartness would do better than any grocery store at Woodruff Road and Highway 14.

Old 05-08-2017, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
I guess Harris Teeter has lost interest in this site. It was speculated it was under consideration during previous zoning disputes.
Harris Teeter is spectating instead of participating. If it wants to participate in Greenville County, it needs to announce additional stores and open them.

Old 05-09-2017, 05:39 AM

5,015 posts, read 8,182,251 times
FYI. I use an app to search the local grocery stores for items I need/want to buy. It surprised me when Sprouts showed up. How far out until they actually open the GVL location?

Very impressed by the pricing I saw. Unfortunately, being that its going to be on Woodruff Rd. I will probably only hit it when I HAVE to go to WR, which is twice a year, usually.

Old 05-09-2017, 05:49 AM

5,015 posts, read 8,182,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Does anyone else feel like the prices at Aldi have been creeping up some though maybe because of the investments in remodels? It does get old to me seeing the same small selection every week so I hit some other stores.
A few thing I normally buy has gone down a few pennies. There are certain things I buy there religiously. What irks me is if they are out of something they tell you its coming on the next truck, as they did for some popscicles I buy there. After being told the same thing each time I went in it was the 6th visit that they finally got them. There is no way to call and ask if they got something in, you have to physically make a trip there. Hoping Lidl doesn't follow that same practice!

Old 05-09-2017, 06:02 AM

308 posts, read 270,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
A supermarket at Hartness would do better than any grocery store at Woodruff Road and Highway 14.
I think both would be successful. Having a grocery store at Hartness would be wonderful for those of us in the Pelham Falls area. It might also detract from the animosity some have towards Hartness for taking away Smith Rd. from the public under the pretext of a major development and thus putting extra stress on the Pelham/14 intersection.

Old 05-09-2017, 06:10 AM

From Woodruff Industrial Lane in Greenville to South Bennett's Bridge Road in Simpsonville, the Woodruff Road corridor has five supermarkets, one hypermarket, two wholesale clubs, two specialty gourmet grocers, one specialty organic grocer, and one limited assortment/discount grocer. Two supermarket trade areas are Woodruff Road/East Butler Road and Five Forks.

The Pelham-Batesville trade area is a grocery desert in need of a supermarket. I hope Hartness will be able to accommodate a supermarket necessary for that trade area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area