U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2015, 09:00 AM

2,647 posts, read 1,752,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
I work at BMW and I would be surprised if this was true. BMW has it's own traffic problems in the main parking lot in the morning that they never really seem to do much about. They have made some changes, but it's basically still the same. They are now adding a new office complex as you come into the main lot to the left (near the interstate). They will have to add a long turn lane or route left turners around the main parking lot.

The main bulk of traffic comes into BMW before BPS would open in the mornings. Evening traffic will be tougher, as well as traffic for the trucks. Evening traffic though is more spread out and most of the people are going HOME. So nothing to worry BMW about there. There has been rumor for a while of opening a new truck gate off Brockman-McClimon Rd.

The additional restaurants and higher end hotels that will follow a BPS development should benefit BMW.

I agree, trucking would/might be a problem, but IIRC there are alternate routes the trucks could take to completely avoid the area. I dont see where that would be BMWs concern, othe than it may hold up Benore' from getting in and out with the parts, etc on time. We occasionally have trucks go in there, but not often enough for me to know how things work over there.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2015, 10:33 AM

16 posts, read 14,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
I agree, trucking would/might be a problem, but IIRC there are alternate routes the trucks could take to completely avoid the area. I dont see where that would be BMWs concern, othe than it may hold up Benore' from getting in and out with the parts, etc on time. We occasionally have trucks go in there, but not often enough for me to know how things work over there.
This area of Duncan is surrounded by trucking companies, some within a half a mile from the site, so I don't see it as much of a problem.

I see a sign posted from BPS on the site about leasing space, which would seem to imply the main store is still coming. According to their website, it still is. Also I noticed there are a number of other BPS being delayed according to forums from other cities like Ft Payne, AL and Charleston SC. Here's some people in Charleston asking the same questions about their BPS (Link Bass Pro Shop?) I guess we'll know something around January 1st, the supposed deadline on making a decision about the Cabela's buyout if it happens or not.

Last edited by Bigfootbuilt; 11-30-2015 at 10:57 AM..

Old 12-03-2015, 03:39 PM

20 posts, read 22,794 times
Has anyone heard anything new?

Old 12-07-2015, 04:17 PM

44 posts, read 53,527 times
I here construction is still being negotiated at this time. There still is no estimated completion date yet.

Old 12-18-2015, 08:07 AM

6,100 posts, read 3,214,167 times
Still coming

Cabela

Old 12-18-2015, 08:07 AM

10,075 posts, read 19,956,270 times
Update: Cabela

Old 12-18-2015, 10:45 AM

5,495 posts, read 6,225,654 times
Sounds like BPS is still pretty serious about building here. Going to have to be patient saying we are looking at 1-2 years away.

Old 12-18-2015, 02:10 PM

44 posts, read 53,527 times
1or 2 years away from construction or opening?

Old 12-18-2015, 02:21 PM

1,075 posts, read 1,715,456 times
I don't think this is going to happen. BMW if fighting it, at the same time Cabela's might sell to Bass Pro.

Old 12-21-2015, 09:42 AM

5,495 posts, read 6,225,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by furmanpals View Post
I don't think this is going to happen. BMW if fighting it, at the same time Cabela's might sell to Bass Pro.
What is BMW's issue with the development....traffic?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or