Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 11:31 AM

21,020 posts, read 27,221,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
I know there will be a lot of happy people out there.
Happy, happy, happy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyricamphibian View Post
IMHO, this project definitely deserves its own thread now.

The entrance road to the Spinx (which does not have direct access to Hwy. 101) already wraps around the Spinx station and continues into the 75-acre Pacolet Milliken Enterprises property where this development will be built. It probably makes sense, then, to improve that road and signalize the intersection with 101.

I notice that, according to the Spartanburg County GIS map, the Spinx property is already within the Greer city limits but the Pacolet Milliken property is not. I surmise that the City of Greer will takes steps to annex that property as soon as possible, even though there may be few or even no tax benefits at this time due to incentives negotiated with the state prior to the announcement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Does the property border 101, I-85 and Caliber Ridge Road?
The property stretches from Interstate 85 to the back of Super 8.

The property from Super 8 to Caliber Ridge Drive, if available to purchase for the site, would be a great addition. It would allow for better planned development and alignment of access roads.

Making left turns onto South Carolina 101 is too long a process to make.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2014, 11:47 AM

9,492 posts, read 9,804,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
The property stretches from Interstate 85 to the back of Super 8.

The property from Super 8 to Caliber Ridge Drive, if available to purchase for the site, would be a great addition. It would allow for better planned development and alignment of access roads.
That Spinx station is about to really take off. I hope Stuart remodels it like some of his newer stores in the area.

Old 04-17-2014, 11:56 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,978,302 times
Awesome congrats Greer, we got notice of one coming down here to N. Charleston as well!

Old 04-17-2014, 12:06 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,221,764 times
Quote:
That Spinx station is about to really take off. I hope Stuart remodels it like some of his newer stores in the area.
I hope Spinx would lower its gas prices and not have multiple prices per product. The only reason I would stop at this location is for Burger King. When QuikTrip opens in the future, gas prices will be competitive.

Old 04-17-2014, 12:34 PM

723 posts, read 1,148,701 times
Quote:
I think it is more likely that the Spinx station will be removed and rebuilt on the other side of the unnamed road. The property on which the station now stands was bought by Pacolet Milliken in 2009. In addition, the 3.36 acre plot fronting on Hwy. 101 northwest of the Waffle House is owned by Enigma Corporation, the real estate arm of Spinx. I would speculate that there is an agreement somewhere that says Spinx can remain in the present location until such time as Pacolet Milliken wants to do something else with the land, which time has now come.

"In 2009, Pacolet Milliken removed the old 163,000-square-foot plant that closed in 1985 and spruced up the property. The company also bought the Spinx station's property and had the whole site certified under the state's Textile Communities Revitalization Act." [Source: http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...LES/140419745]

See also property details at Spartanburg County Geographic Information System maps, Spartanburg County's Geographic Information System.

Old 04-17-2014, 12:40 PM

9,492 posts, read 9,804,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
I hope Spinx would lower its gas prices and not have multiple prices per product. The only reason I would stop at this location is for Burger King. When QuikTrip opens in the future, gas prices will be competitive.
Quick Trip has had a sign on the south side of I-85 on 101 for nearly a year now that seems to indicate they are going to build on the vacant property next to Sunoco. Might not be the best for traffic going to BPS though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyricamphibian View Post
I think it is more likely that the Spinx station will be removed and rebuilt on the other side of the unnamed road.
I agree, that would be their best solution, especially if QT builds a nice new station just down the road.

Old 04-18-2014, 03:29 PM

1,095 posts, read 1,595,977 times
A QT ,would great for that area ,also a. JC Penny Oulet would great as wel, for that area also , A PopEyes Chicken , Lucky Brand store, and a Bob Evans would great for that area

Old 04-18-2014, 04:57 PM

5,158 posts, read 7,344,590 times
We desperately need a Popeyes Chicken in this area. They have stores in Columbia, Atlanta, and now Charlotte. They absolutely need to fill in the gap here, as there are no locations nearby.

Old 04-18-2014, 05:08 PM

5,158 posts, read 7,344,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL fan View Post
A QT ,would great for that area ,also a. JC Penny Oulet would great as wel, for that area also , A PopEyes Chicken , Lucky Brand store, and a Bob Evans would great for that area
I remember a JCPenney outlet in Columbus, Ohio. But Bob Evans has pulled out of this area. But I would like to see a Frisch's Big Boy or a Bob's Big Boy.

Old 04-19-2014, 07:06 PM

1,095 posts, read 1,595,977 times
A Bob's Big Boy, would great for that area and a JC Penny Outlet, also a Bumb Gump , Popeyes , A Mall , A IhOP would all great for that area also a Best Buy would great to
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area