U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 04-24-2014, 09:00 PM
 
Location: Greenville
1,069 posts, read 1,206,456 times
Reputation: 122

Advertisements

At 500 Congree Rd, would like to see a 3rd Eggs Up in the Girll there or a Tony Roma's back in the area

 
Old 04-24-2014, 10:09 PM
 
Location: South Carolina
19,470 posts, read 17,398,345 times
Reputation: 4966
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL fan View Post
At 500 Congree Rd, would like to see a 3rd Eggs Up in the Girll there or a Tony Roma's back in the area
Tony Roma's failed in the area. I doubt they would return.
 
Old 04-25-2014, 10:01 AM
 
Location: Greenville
1,069 posts, read 1,206,456 times
Reputation: 122
Ok did not no that i would, like to see a Bob Famers there there is bob Evans then there are bob evens Famers up in Ohio
 
Old 04-25-2014, 08:12 PM
 
Location: Mauldin/Greenville
3,276 posts, read 4,022,690 times
Reputation: 1277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Both Captain D's and Long John Silver's turned into fly by night chains in the area. If they actually invested in the area, they would have more locations and be more successful.

Anything Shoney's operates closes. Shoney's, Captain D's, Hungry Fisherman and Rio Bravo are four chains to recognize for declining.
Shoney's has been on a long, slow decline for many years. Since founder Alex Schoenbaum retired from the company. It was very successful back in its heyday in the 70's and 80's as a Big Boy franchise for the Southeast. Today, the Frisch's Big Boy franchise remains successful in Ohio, Indiana, and Kentucky. And Bob's Big Boy in California. And Big Boy Intl. of Michigan. And at one time, Marriott was the controlling partner for all Big Boy franchises, and they also successfully operated Roy Rogers.
 
Old 04-25-2014, 09:26 PM
 
Location: Greenville
1,069 posts, read 1,206,456 times
Reputation: 122
At 500 Congree RD i,would like to see a Charleston Crab house
 
Old 04-26-2014, 07:55 AM
 
Location: South Carolina
19,470 posts, read 17,398,345 times
Reputation: 4966
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Shoney's has been on a long, slow decline for many years. Since founder Alex Schoenbaum retired from the company. It was very successful back in its heyday in the 70's and 80's as a Big Boy franchise for the Southeast. Today, the Frisch's Big Boy franchise remains successful in Ohio, Indiana, and Kentucky. And Bob's Big Boy in California. And Big Boy Intl. of Michigan. And at one time, Marriott was the controlling partner for all Big Boy franchises, and they also successfully operated Roy Rogers.
For those who wonder where the nearest Shoney's is, the Greenwood location on South Carolina 72 is open. I know not many people were impressed on their buffet being breakfast foods only when I went over ten years ago.
 
Old 04-26-2014, 08:46 AM
 
Location: Greenville
1,069 posts, read 1,206,456 times
Reputation: 122
A Shoney's would be great at 500 Congreee RD
 
Old 04-26-2014, 09:34 AM
 
Location: South Carolina
19,470 posts, read 17,398,345 times
Reputation: 4966
Shoney's was previously located on Orchard Park Drive where Clarion Inn & Suites is presently located. This was also one of the few locations that featured both Shoney's Restaurant and Inn.

Shoney's left the lodging industry.
 
Old 04-26-2014, 01:56 PM
 
Location: Greenville
1,069 posts, read 1,206,456 times
Reputation: 122
At 500 Congree RD I would like to see a Loat Dog Cafe
 
Old 04-26-2014, 09:47 PM
 
Location: Mauldin/Greenville
3,276 posts, read 4,022,690 times
Reputation: 1277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
For those who wonder where the nearest Shoney's is, the Greenwood location on South Carolina 72 is open. I know not many people were impressed on their buffet being breakfast foods only when I went over ten years ago.
There used to be a nice Shoney's across from that Biltmore Park center near Asheville. Off -26. But I believe it may have closed. Also there is a Shoney's right off I-85 in Lavonia, Ga and one or two remaining locations in Charlotte. Not sure if there are any remaining stores around Columbia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top