U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 09:55 AM

40 posts, read 23,212 times

Advertisements

What city has all power lines buried? Never seen one.

HHudson road should be 4 lanes

Greenville can be best without being perfect. Nobody agrees on what perfect is anyway.

We have university Center and Clemson is 40 minutes away

Old 04-22-2014, 12:19 PM
Status: "It takes a lot of balls to golf like me" (set 24 days ago)

4,010 posts, read 3,220,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cvs14 View Post
What city has all power lines buried? Never seen one.

HHudson road should be 4 lanes

Greenville can be best without being perfect. Nobody agrees on what perfect is anyway.

We have university Center and Clemson is 40 minutes away
Houston, TX is probably 75% buried power lines, and that's with 5 million people. They have been burying their lines for the past 25 years, so there's only a few older neighborhoods without buried lines.

Old 04-22-2014, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
Houston, TX is probably 75% buried power lines, and that's with 5 million people. They have been burying their lines for the past 25 years, so there's only a few older neighborhoods without buried lines.
Houston is ugly regardless

Old 04-22-2014, 03:37 PM

126 posts, read 99,547 times
There is not that much to see or do in downtown and parking is a nightmare.

Also missing public transportation, only see the signs, but never saw a bus!

Don't even know what's so great about Charleston, I expected it to be more like NOLA, but it's not even close, especially the French Quarter.

NYC, LA, Chicago, Boston, Seattle, San Francisco or if it has to be a smaller city Bar Habor, Burlington, Homer...so many places nicer than Charleston, also parking is crazy and this train that runs thru the city and when it turns blocking everything.

Old 04-22-2014, 03:43 PM

1,403 posts, read 1,985,043 times
^ Stop talking about Charleston.

Old 04-22-2014, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway83 View Post
There is not that much to see or do in downtown and parking is a nightmare.

Also missing public transportation, only see the signs, but never saw a bus!

Don't even know what's so great about Charleston, I expected it to be more like NOLA, but it's not even close, especially the French Quarter.

NYC, LA, Chicago, Boston, Seattle, San Francisco or if it has to be a smaller city Bar Habor, Burlington, Homer...so many places nicer than Charleston, also parking is crazy and this train that runs thru the city and when it turns blocking everything.
I've been robbed three times in my life, all three times were in the Garden District of NOLA.

Old 04-22-2014, 05:09 PM

10,080 posts, read 19,987,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cvs14 View Post
Houston is ugly regardless
Agreed.

Old 04-22-2014, 08:08 PM

126 posts, read 99,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
I've been robbed three times in my life, all three times were in the Garden District of NOLA.
Bad luck, this could just happen anywhere, wrong time, wrong place, plus why you go back to this area, if it's not save.....still a nicer city.

Old 04-22-2014, 09:07 PM

I accidentally stepped on a bum on Bourbon Street when I ended up over there the night before a job interview. They need some more lighting there. I didnt' see any appeal to NO, Greenville and Charleston beat that out. I think Greenville better than lot of trendy cities like Austin, Charlottesville, Chapel Hill, Athens. Less traffic, lower cost of living, better location, better weather, close to mountains.

Old 04-22-2014, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway83 View Post
Bad luck, this could just happen anywhere, wrong time, wrong place, plus why you go back to this area, if it's not save.....still a nicer city.
True, but the crime rate at the time is New Orleans was appalling. One of the robberies was a block off of Bourbon, one was next door to the police station, and one was outside my home on Chestnut St.

I don't know if things have cleaned up since I lived there in 1991. I'd hope so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or