U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 09:52 AM

5,489 posts, read 6,211,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
It would work great somewhere in West End.
Sorry, I meant to say what date will the park be open for visitors?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2014, 09:52 AM

8 posts, read 9,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Good news, but Greenville seriously needs to develop a "cool" dog park like Mutts Cantina:
Mutts Cantina | Dallas, Texas 75204
I agree.. but where could one go?? I would think you would want it to be close enough from main for people to walk to it while visiting Main. The old bank location by the old post office on Falls St. was a great location, in my opinion, but the city said no.

Old 04-23-2014, 09:53 AM

5,489 posts, read 6,211,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Any time you have a mixture of dogs off leash, your dog is in danger. The problem isn't so much the dogs, but the inattentive owners who think their dog can do no wrong.

I wouldn't dream of taking my dog to a dog park.
If this was the case then dog parks and other types of venues mentioned in this thread wouldn't be so popular.

Old 04-23-2014, 10:19 AM

667 posts, read 844,015 times
Although I am not a dog-owner, I think this will be a great assett. That said, I agree with others who say that a dog park closer to downtown is desirable. Perhaps one could be included in the park design that's to be submitted as part of the new Greenville Water development off of West Broad and West Washington Street (the so-called "amenity space"). It isn't the West End, I know, but I think it might have the best potential.
http://www.greenvillesc.gov/Planning...roadStreet.pdf

Old 10-04-2014, 04:44 PM

1,443 posts, read 1,989,208 times
The Lake Conestee Dog parks opened today - separate areas for large VS small dogs, as well as having no corners for a dog to be trapped by another dog.

Old 10-04-2014, 06:27 PM

1,892 posts, read 2,407,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAinSC View Post
Here we go.........

I hate these type of responses. We all know this. There's certain parks I refuse to take my dog because I know the owners/dogs are not in the right state of mind.

However, Charleston County has dog parks within their county parks. You pay an entrance fee which helps with the upkeep of the parks and it shows in the dog section. It's huge so the dogs are not on top of each other and it's very clean. There are many regulars as well. If there's a problem dog, the owner leaves. If they dont, a park official confronts them. I only take my dog to the county parks. It's all about watching your dog and not being distracted with something else.

This basically is what DALE COOPER wrote, so why do you have a problem with his response.

His point just went to the next level, that being , problem owners don't usually think they are and then, as you said will be confronted. This does not sound at all inviting to me. I too would not take my dog to the uncertainty of a dog park, where both the humans and the dogs are a complete unknown possibility. Sure things could turn out well, but I don't want to be the first to find out how bad the premise really is.

(have you ever seen the parents fighting at little league games, played on youtube )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area