U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 11:02 AM

41 posts, read 185,334 times
Default Possible move from FL to SC

I am a 38 yr old married mother of 2 (ages 13 &1). I will be visiting SC first week in January. I am dropping off my stepdaughter who lives in Easley (she and her family moved there last year). I am a paralegal with over 20 years experience. What are the possibilities of employment and where? In Miami they have a legal newspaper which has a section for employment in the legal field. Is there such a paper in SC? As far as homes, what areas can you suggest for families with school/daycare age children with a decent school district. I'd like to be a little prepared and with a sense of direction come January when I am there, please help!

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2007, 05:44 PM

18 posts, read 32,522 times
I moved here from Ft. Lauderdale 2 years ago. I believe you will have no problem wth finding a job in paralegal as far as a paper I don't know but there is a paper called the career builder put out once a week. As far as schools I would concentrate on homes in the Wren school district. That includes certain areas of Easley and Piedmont. There are several new developments going in this area. If you need a realtor I know of a great one.

Old 12-11-2007, 06:43 PM

Thank you mjmom. I will look into that. How do you like Greenville so far?

Old 01-01-2008, 10:33 AM

27 posts, read 76,342 times
Our Sunday newspaper has the largest classified section. No doubt you'll have little problem obtaining a paralegal job.
http://greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/frontpage

Old 01-04-2008, 07:02 AM

In response I love it here. I really like it here for my daughter she loves school and she is able to go to a football game with friends and not worry to much about her where in South Florida I would never let her go to any outside school activities. As I said once you are here feel free to send me a message and I will hook you up with a great realtor.

Old 01-13-2008, 08:19 AM

MJMOM
If you don't mind me asking how old your daughter is? Have you been in SC long and where did you come from? One of my concern is how well my son will adjust, he will be going to high school. I feel the longer I wait to make this move. Your thoughts...Thanks.

Old 01-13-2008, 08:22 AM

MJ MOM

I am sorry I just notice you are from Ft. Lauderdale. Well, being from Ft. Lauderdale even more so, how did your daughter adapt. Thanks.

Old 01-13-2008, 05:46 PM

my daughter was 12 when we moved here and within 2 weeks she had a group of friends and loving it. In fact when we go back to Florida she wants it to be short and get back here in SC. Of course it was a big adjustment because she went from private to public school when we moved here. Your son is close to the same age. She has also has gotten involved in sports here which has also helped. If you are going to make the move I would do it soon. Is your son outgoing is the other question that is also what helped my daughter.

Old 01-14-2008, 08:04 AM

MJMOM

Thanks for the insight. Yes, my son is very outgoing he likes skateboarding ALOT is also involved in martial arts and would like to try out for football next year. I was told the Wren school district is a very good one. Are you in that district? Any other suggestions as far as area would be greatly helpful coming from someone who has lived in FL and knows the real difference between FL & SC. Thanks again.

Old 01-14-2008, 08:43 AM

I live in the Pickens County District which I have no complaints with the schools. If you look in the Easley area you have several stores and resturants but not like we are use to in Florida where everything is within 5 minutes. If you stay in Powdersville or certain areas of Piedmont to stay in the Wren District. These areas are all convienet to 85 which when on you are only 10 - 15 minutes of Greenville for the big shopping and eating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area