U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2014, 02:36 PM

5 posts, read 5,369 times

Advertisements

Hi! I have to relocate to Greenwood, SC this summer, and my research shows that there is a significant crime problem there. Do any of you have recommendations on neighborhoods that are nice and relatively safe in Greenwood? Are there any neighborhoods I should avoid? I have young children, so this is especially important for me.

Thanks!
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2014, 05:15 PM

2 posts, read 3,099 times
Hello! Yes, the crime rate is quite high in Greenwood, but when you're living here you quickly realize that it's mostly contained to certain areas. Use common sense and don't mix with the wrong people, and you'll probably be fine.
Two of the nicest neighborhoods in Greenwood are Gatewood and the Lodge Grounds. Of course, they're some of the pricier as well, but if you're just renting it ought not to be too bad. My family stayed at a very nice condo in Gatewood a few years ago, and our rent was $600 a month.
If these neighborhoods seem too expensive though, just use common sense and avoid areas that look ghetto, really.

Let me know if you have any other questions, I'd be happy to answer!

Last edited by sadeyedprophet; 04-26-2014 at 05:25 PM..
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or