U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2014, 12:21 PM

5,489 posts, read 6,211,928 times

Advertisements

Any suggestions for a property management company in the Greenville area and what do they charge?
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2014, 03:08 PM

148 posts, read 177,195 times
My brother has used The Marchant Company for years and has been extremely happy. Not sure about the cost though.

Old 05-01-2014, 04:41 PM

1,403 posts, read 1,976,522 times
There's one I highly DO NOT suggest. They were so awful, we revoked our contract with them.

Feel free to DM me if you want the name.

Old 05-02-2014, 06:46 AM

506 posts, read 997,960 times
I have 2 rental homes being managed by Creative Housing, and my brother has 3 rental homes managed by them and we are very very happy with them. All houses had a renter within 7 days at a rental amount higher than expected and their rate is a flat 8%. They have more than 400 homes and there's never more than 1-2 vacant.

Old 05-02-2014, 06:50 AM

Just curious....why can't you manage the home by yourself if you live near it?

We live in Charleston and manage our duplex just fine by ourselves. When one of our tenants decides to move, we will get a management company to find a new tenant so they can do the background check and all that but otherwise it's not hard to manage it. Just have valuable phone numbers on hand in case there's an emergency.

Old 05-02-2014, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAinSC View Post

We live in Charleston and manage our duplex just fine by ourselves. When one of our tenants decides to move, we will get a management company to find a new tenant so they can do the background check and all that but otherwise it's not hard to manage it. Just have valuable phone numbers on hand in case there's an emergency.
Actually I'm thinking of doing that, but wanted to weigh all of my options! Thanks for the advice.

Old 05-07-2014, 07:09 AM

506 posts, read 997,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAinSC View Post

Because I don't want any of my renters to know who I am, and I don't want the stress of having to deal with calls from them at all. 8% of the rent is completely worth it to me not to ever have to think about the house at all other than receiving my monthly checks. Of course each person is different. My property manager also does background checks and fully vets everyone, and she had someone in my first rental house within 7 days.

Old 05-07-2014, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackofdawn View Post
Because I don't want any of my renters to know who I am, and I don't want the stress of having to deal with calls from them at all. 8% of the rent is completely worth it to me not to ever have to think about the house at all other than receiving my monthly checks. Of course each person is different. My property manager also does background checks and fully vets everyone, and she had someone in my first rental house within 7 days.
I wasn't quoting you.

And I actually lived in my duplex before moving to Charleston and the one tenant has been in there since we bought the property and are the perfect example of what a tenant should be.

The other tenant I found and the property management company did a thorough background check on him and there's been no issues with him in the past several years he's been there.

I want to know who is living in my property. Like you said it depends on the situation but I got lucky with mine.

Old 05-07-2014, 12:19 PM

205 posts, read 286,335 times
C Dan Joyner has served our HOA well. Most of the rental units seem to be managed by Marchant.

Old 05-07-2014, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackofdawn View Post
I do agree with this. If you are lucky to rent it out to good tenant then you could probably go it alone. I know a co-worker that does his own PM and his tenants are great. He's had one for six years...she was late a few days on the rent once. She sent him an extra $100 even though the landlord did not ask for it. (He sent it back).

But sadly, great tenants are sometimes hard to find and it's nice to have the option of hiring a PM company.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or