U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 12:18 PM

11,506 posts, read 25,824,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyricamphibian View Post
My favorite "hole in the wall" is The Velo Fellow on Augusta St., below and 'round back of Mellow Mushroom. The lamb burger with grilled portobello mushroom is lip-smackin' good, especially when preceded by a plate of garlic-pimento cheddar cheese with pita wedges (depending on how hungry I happen to be).
We like Velo Fellow as well. They have good food and a nice atmosphere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2014, 09:12 AM

226 posts, read 266,891 times
Okay, not a comment on food in Greenville but on the SC BBQ Trail Map. My hubby and I will be moving to Greenville soon too, so I can't speak for really any good restaurants there!
I do have to say that yes, the SC BBQ Trail Map unfortunately has chains like Sticky Fingers...but there are some gems on there worth trying!
Also, there are a lot of BBQ joints named the same thing in the state, but they aren't the same. We have a Duke's BBQ in Aiken and I know there is also one in Orangeburg but they aren't ran by the same people. Both are good though.

Top favorite BBQ joint that I've been too in recent years is (and consider that I am a 'midlander' right now) True's BBQ in Columbia. The absolute BEST BEST BEST hash I've ever had in my entire life! Our regular joint that is down the road from us is Duke's in Aiken, and I love them, but they have nothing on this place. It is a teeny restaurant and they smoke their meat on a smoker right out front, in the parking lot.

My husband and I have been trying a different BBQ joint 1-2x a month off of the map, within a reasonable driving distance. I'm excited to see what the upstate has to offer once we move, I've heard some of the best BBQ in the state comes from the upstate!

Old 05-27-2014, 01:59 AM

27 posts, read 38,353 times
For bbq Easley has Mutt's, which I like bc of the buffet, and Easley Smokehouse. Easley Smokehouse has good Catfish on friday and free dessert on Tuesday.

Old 05-27-2014, 02:12 AM

1,984 posts, read 3,465,663 times
For a true hole in the wall experience, as in walls are literally falling down... Check out mike and Jeff's BBQ.

Old 05-27-2014, 05:00 PM

3,762 posts, read 6,312,179 times
For BBQ, I like Bucky's a lot (we previously lived in same neighborhood as the owner). My husband's favorite by far was Charlie's at the corner of Pelham and Hwy 14.

Smoke On The Water is also excellent. It's a bit more upscale than your typical "hole in the wall" BBQ joint.

Sticky Fingers doesn't seem to get much respect on C-D, and even though it is a chain, it's a regional chain with its roots in SC. I really don't think it's all that bad. Having said that, it's not where I would go first.

Old 05-28-2014, 09:06 PM

4,069 posts, read 3,304,658 times
I enjoyed City Range and Copper River on Haywood when I was in Greenville; neither is a BBQ place, though, and I don't know that I'd call them "hole in the wall". City Range is the more upscale of the two, I'd say -- Copper River's more on the Applebee's/TGI Friday's portion of the scale.

Old 05-28-2014, 09:15 PM

3,762 posts, read 6,312,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
I enjoyed City Range and Copper River on Haywood when I was in Greenville;
We liked both, too, when we lived in Greenville.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or