U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2014, 03:23 PM

3,205 posts, read 3,767,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcliffe View Post
Greenville is very important to this state. Plenty of finances are bought into this state by Greenville. They don't try to play it up no more than you try to beat it down.
What are you saying?

The Greenville media do pay up the city way more than reality, can't tell you how many time I hear that it s the fastest growing part of SC which is not true. Who know, maybe this is right and a very very small bank is moving from Morehead St to Greenville? But, there is a suggestion of a corporate HQ which seems deceiving. And, to call it major? LOL.

Old 05-03-2014, 03:30 PM

4,382 posts, read 6,076,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSP101 View Post
What are you saying?

The Greenville media do pay up the city way more than reality, can't tell you how many time I hear that it s the fastest growing part of SC which is not true. Who know, maybe this is right and a very very small bank is moving from Morehead St to Greenville? But, there is a suggestion of a corporate HQ which seems deceiving. And, to call it major? LOL.
Why do you care? Maybe they're looking at the raw numbers. Is it really that important to you since you don't live here? Are you the thread police? Upstate may not be the percentage king, but they add a good many by our states standards in raw population.

Old 05-03-2014, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Why do you care? Maybe they're looking at the raw numbers. Is it really that important to you since you don't live here? Are you the thread police? Upstate may not be the percentage king, but they add a good many by our states standards in raw population.
No, I don't want to be a thread police. But, for the media, get it right. It does not take a lot to look at data and understand that what the chamber release says is not correct. They like to talk with architects and downtown planners to claim that the downtown plan worked and Greenville leads the state...but why? Was it because Greenville gets a lot of federal money? same with this non story......Park Sterling is a tiny bank by today's standards. Will it move from Morehead St to Greenville, who knows, I doubt it. More likely, it is a state HQ which in this case most likely men's 10 people and maybe a name on a building.

Old 05-03-2014, 04:18 PM

Quote:
No, I don't want to be a thread police. But, for the media, get it right. It does not take a lot to look at data and understand that what the chamber release says is not correct. They like to talk with architects and downtown planners to claim that the downtown plan worked and Greenville leads the state...but why? Was it because Greenville gets a lot of federal money? same with this non story......Park Sterling is a tiny bank by today's standards. Will it move from Morehead St to Greenville, who knows, I doubt it. More likely, it is a state HQ which in this case most likely men's 10 people and maybe a name on a building.
Okay, but how does this affect GSP101?

Old 05-03-2014, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Okay, but how does this affect GSP101?
You could ask that question of anyone on this board, don't make this about me.

Old 05-03-2014, 04:35 PM

Quote:
You could ask that question of anyone on this board, don't make this about me.
No one else is in here trying to correct constantly, so it is about you. Always is. You must be heard. If someone who lived here and were affected someway did this, it makes sense. But you live in the big city of Charlotte. That's where your pay comes from and that's where most your tax dollars go. I could understand if the issue was there. You post in these forums over here more than you do your own city and state. And it's usually to bring a poster down to size unless they're in Columbia.

Old 05-03-2014, 04:46 PM

Quote:
No one else is in here trying to correct constantly, so it is about you. Always is. You must be heard. If someone who lived here and were affected someway did this, it makes sense. But you live in the big city of Charlotte. That's where your pay comes from and that's where most your tax dollars go. I could understand if the issue was there. You post in these forums over here more than you do your own city and state. And it's usually to bring a poster down to size unless they're in Columbia.
A little harsh......if I see things that I think are wrong, I say something. I have a lot more interests in SC than many on this board that you don't harass. As for this thread, Park Sterling is in Charlotte. It makes sense to question why PS would move and the basis for the thread.

No, it is not about me. It is more about folks wanting to believe they are leading the state and nation when reality says otherwise.

Old 05-03-2014, 05:19 PM

Quote:
A little harsh......if I see things that I think are wrong, I say something. I have a lot more interests in SC than many on this board that you don't harass. As for this thread, Park Sterling is in Charlotte. It makes sense to question why PS would move and the basis for the thread.

No, it is not about me. It is more about folks wanting to believe they are leading the state and nation when reality says otherwise.
If someone does want to believe such about their area, what does that have to do with you? That's that person's business. You don't have a right to harass as you say, and bring that person down. Let them be. They aren't bothering you are they?

Old 05-03-2014, 11:07 PM

10,069 posts, read 19,946,983 times
**crickets**

Old 05-03-2014, 11:22 PM

27,766 posts, read 24,794,631 times
Quote:
If someone does want to believe such about their area, what does that have to do with you? That's that person's business. You don't have a right to harass as you say, and bring that person down. Let them be. They aren't bothering you are they?
There's a block feature that you can utilize. I finally did and you might want to do the same.

It just gets tiring over time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or