U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2014, 07:41 PM

10 posts, read 11,603 times

Advertisements

Hi, we will be relocating to the Greenville area from Louisiana this summer. We were able to visit last week and looked at several subdivisions. Of the ones we visited, we were most impressed with Sycamore Ridge and Spaulding Farm because we prefer the already established subdivisions and the more custom built homes. Most of the homes in these subdivisions are also in our price range. We are open to living in Greenville, Greer or Simpsonville as long as it is fairly close (no more than 20 minutes in the morning) to Southside Christian School. I was looking online at Mahaffey Plantation and it seems to fit what we are looking for as well. According to Mapquest, it's less than 5 miles from the school. Would this be close enough in morning traffic?Can anyone recommend other subdivisions similar to these? Thanks so much!
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2014, 09:14 PM

6,233 posts, read 18,123,468 times
I don't know what roads those subdivisions are but it takes me 12 mins. to travel 3 miles in morning traffic thru Mauldin. If you make the same time I do, there is the 20 minutes you want.

Old 05-04-2014, 12:03 AM

Thanks for your reply. It sounds like that part of Greer is close enough then. Can anyone recommend subdivisions similar to the ones I mentioned (Sycamore Ridge and Spaulding Farm)?

Old 05-04-2014, 07:35 AM

19,386 posts, read 17,088,641 times
The City of Greer is several miles and minutes up the road on South Carolina 14. Communities off the northeastern side of Anderson Ridge Road use a Greer zip code, 29651.

Are you looking to live near Greer proper?

Old 05-04-2014, 06:45 PM

I am looking to be fairly close to Southside Christian School. This is where we intend to send our daughter. I am open to living in Simpsonville, Greenville, or Greer as long as I am within about 20 minutes from the school. I know anything in Simpsonville would be closer, but I'm willing to drive a little further every day if we find the right house in Greenville or Greer.

Old 05-06-2014, 08:31 AM

667 posts, read 844,274 times
Spaulding Farm is a nice subdivision, but be aware that the intersection of Hwy. 14 and Roper Mountain Rd. becomes seriously backed up every weekday afternoon in most directions but especially from the north on Hwy. 14 and from the west on Roper Mtn. On Hwy. 14 southbound, the single-file line of cars waiting for the traffic signal at Roper Mtn. frequently extends beyond Moore Rd. and even up to Fellowship Greenville.

Old 05-06-2014, 08:06 PM

Thank you. That is exactly the kind of feedback I'm looking for!

Old 05-06-2014, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyricamphibian View Post
Spaulding Farm is a nice subdivision, but be aware that the intersection of Hwy. 14 and Roper Mountain Rd. becomes seriously backed up every weekday afternoon in most directions but especially from the north on Hwy. 14 and from the west on Roper Mtn. On Hwy. 14 southbound, the single-file line of cars waiting for the traffic signal at Roper Mtn. frequently extends beyond Moore Rd. and even up to Fellowship Greenville.
I had the pleasure of sitting on Hwy 14 from the north waiting to cross Roper Mtn. during a Friday afternoon's rush hour. Many roads around here are 2 lanes; 1 each way and some have a suicide (turn) lane in the middle; much of Hwy. 14 is 2-3 lanes. Woodruff Rd. is 4-5 lanes from Laurens Rd. to the Five Forks area. You can check this on Google Maps, if you haven't thought of it.

Old 05-06-2014, 09:37 PM

Thank you for your reply! I have been warned about the Woodruff Rd. traffic, but I don't think we are going to be able to avoid that totally. I have googled till I can't think straight! The only subdivision that we really love so far is Sycamore Ridge, but we haven't really found the right house. I am not in SC yet so I can't really go into the neighborhoods right now to get a good "feel" for them, if that makes sense. My husband is there during the week, but he doesn't have a lot of time. I'm trying to find houses in subdivisions similar to Sycamore Ridge so that he can make the best use of his time while he is out looking. Any suggestions?

Old 05-06-2014, 10:08 PM

Yes, it makes sense. Woodruff Rd. is at least 2 lanes of traffic in each direction. I know it backs up between Magnolia Park and Butler Rd. but from Butler to Five Forks I wouldn't think it is that bad but I really don't know for sure. Someone will come along eventually that will know. Did you say which direction you'll be headed once your child is dropped off at school? Knowing that might get you some better info.

I use the back way anytime I go to Woodruff Rd. (Walmart area) coming from Mauldin. I found a back way around a major backup that builds on Butler Rd. approaching Woodruff Rd. that I'd not considered for 10 years cause I never had to before. If you plan it right, there maybe a back way that you can use to get where you are going. Just something to consider.

I moved here from Chicago. Traffic here is not as bad as what we left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or