U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2014, 10:07 AM

24 posts, read 28,833 times

Advertisements

Hello! We are in the process of trying to buy a home in the area and want to make sure that the home we currently live in will get rented so we are not paying double mortgage/rent. Does anyone know how easy it is to get a home rented in the Five Forks area? We really want to put an offer in on a home but breaking our lease could result in a penalty of paying rent every month until our lease is up. The house is nice though-decent neighborhood, updated, big fenced yard. Just wondering what the market is like for renting in this area. Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2014, 01:52 PM

5,489 posts, read 6,211,928 times
From what I have seen in Simpsonville, the home rental market seems to moving pretty good right now. Most of the rentals in my neighborhood are occupied.

Even if there is a renter ready to move into your current house, would you not still be breaking your lease? The landlord has to do a back ground check, get the place ready for the new tenants, etc.. That costs money and is an inconvenience for the landlord, that's why they like one year leases. Unless your lease states otherwise, you are normally not allowed to sub-lease.

Old 05-07-2014, 09:17 AM

24 posts, read 28,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
From what I have seen in Simpsonville, the home rental market seems to moving pretty good right now. Most of the rentals in my neighborhood are occupied.

Even if there is a renter ready to move into your current house, would you not still be breaking your lease? The landlord has to do a back ground check, get the place ready for the new tenants, etc.. That costs money and is an inconvenience for the landlord, that's why they like one year leases. Unless your lease states otherwise, you are normally not allowed to sub-lease.
Yes, we would be breaking our lease and losing ALL of our security deposit. However, we rent through a major company. I spoke with them and they said we are welcome to help get it rented but if it isn't rented then we are stuck paying every month it is unoccupied. Since it is such a major company and we are paying a lot more in rent than the house is worth I don't have "guilt" over the inconvenience to them, let alone the fact that we are very good tenants, the house is in excellent shape and there is no way they will be spending as much as our security deposit is worth to get it move in ready again (not to mention they wouldn't fix half the stuff that was wrong when we moved in).

Old 05-07-2014, 12:25 PM

5,489 posts, read 6,211,928 times
That's great that they will work with you. You will need to advertise it and the renter will have to pass background checks etc... But it's doable.

Old 05-07-2014, 04:26 PM

226 posts, read 264,187 times
Can you tell me who you rent through? My husband has relocated to Greenville for work, and once the school year is over (I am a teacher) I will be following. We have a short term lease at an apartment but are looking for a house to rent in August or September when our lease is up. Or you can PM me information on your house
I actually just joined the forum specifically to try and find good real estate companies to rent through, or good neighborhoods to look for rentals in!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or