U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 08:25 AM

1,067 posts, read 1,195,787 times

Advertisements

Come on everybody stop delete my post I got great ideas if one more post of mine is delete I'm leave this for good I enjoy come tbs site but now I'm not I just want Greenville SC to grow you never what will come this area look what we for new now way can other people say things iPad I can't?

Old 05-07-2014, 10:09 AM

9 posts, read 14,619 times
ATL, I don't know what posts you are referring to but while browsing here I have noticed some things you might need to know to maybe help your posts not become deleted.

First, don't post the same thing multiple places or post wish lists of things you want to see over and over again. I have seen you post multiple posts in the same thread that were exactly the same but you just switched out some eating places for other ones.

And Secondly, tone down the frequency of your posts. It is great that you are enthusiastic about the area but every time you like something you don't have to post "That is great", "That would be great here", etc. There is a reputation built into the forums. If you like something someone said you should click the picture of the scales above their post and then click "I approve". Now if you have something to add to the discussion please post but just posting every time you agree with someone clutters up the threads. If you do this too much people will put you on their ignore list and you will not be seen by them at all. Also posts like "Just keep me upDated" are not needed. Everyone will be updated. That is why people are here. Posts like this don't add to the conversation.

Like I said before, I don't know what posts were deleted but these are just things I thought I should pass along because I would hate to see you go.

Old 05-07-2014, 10:12 AM

3,249 posts, read 3,961,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL fan View Post
Come on everybody stop delete my post I got great ideas if one more post of mine is delete I'm leave this for good I enjoy come tbs site but now I'm not I just want Greenville SC to grow you never what will come this area look what we for new now way can other people say things iPad I can't?
Who is deleting your posts? I find your ideas interesting and thought provoking, and I appreciate your enthusiasm regarding new possibilities for this area. Please do not be discouraged by the naysayers.

Old 05-07-2014, 10:20 AM

2,049 posts, read 1,830,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Who is deleting your posts? I find your ideas interesting and thought provoking, and I appreciate your enthusiasm regarding new possibilities for this area. Please do not be discouraged by the naysayers.
It's probably being done by one of the moderators. Looks like several new threads he created yesterday have been removed.

I don't want ATL fan to leave either. I would suggest that it would be nice to respond to posts already on the forum. We already have topics that cover retail in the Greenville area. Creating several new threads a day clutters up the board and makes it hard to see other topics.

Another idea for ATL fan would be to use the blog feature on this site to post his fantastic ideas. That way he could post whatever he likes and his friends can read about it whenever they want.

Old 05-07-2014, 10:33 AM

6,233 posts, read 18,119,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolstuckinNC View Post
It's probably being done by one of the moderators. Looks like several new threads he created yesterday have been removed.

I don't want ATL fan to leave either. I would suggest that it would be nice to respond to posts already on the forum. We already have topics that cover retail in the Greenville area. Creating several new threads a day clutters up the board and makes it hard to see other topics.

Another idea for ATL fan would be to use the blog feature on this site to post his fantastic ideas. That way he could post whatever he likes and his friends can read about it whenever they want.
I have to agree with you. I've started ignoring the multiple posts myself and have considered reporting him for multiple posts that basically say the same thing.

Be it known, though, AtlFan, that discussing moderator actions is against TOS. If they deleted something you posted, take the hint, and tone down your posts. We have heard you say over and over again that you want a specific business to come to town. Repeating yourself is unnecessary here. We heard you the first time. Some people (not me) have limited time to review this forum, don't clog it up for them.

If you want to be a contributing member of this forum, you have to follow the rules.

Old 05-07-2014, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
I have to agree with you. I've started ignoring the multiple posts myself and have considered reporting him for multiple posts that basically say the same thing.

Be it known, though, AtlFan, that discussing moderator actions is against TOS. If they deleted something you posted, take the hint, and tone down your posts. We have heard you say over and over again that you want a specific business to come to town. Repeating yourself is unnecessary here. We heard you the first time. Some people (not me) have limited time to review this forum, don't clog it up for them.

If you want to be a contributing member of this forum, you have to follow the rules.
Some of his posts have generated some great discussions and I would hate to see ATL fan leave. I would hope he can just respond to the threads we already have and not create new ones for a while. He seems like a nice guy so I hope he sticks around.

Old 05-07-2014, 10:43 AM

5,185 posts, read 7,499,074 times
Default The "Ides of ATL" thread?

ATL fan, just don't start so many threads! If everyone on here posted a new thread for every idea they had, this forum would be a complete nightmare.

Consider posting all of your ideas on one thread. You can post a title on each post for the particular spot you are thinking about, and those who are interested can respond to you on that thread.

Old 05-07-2014, 11:22 AM

6,233 posts, read 18,119,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolstuckinNC View Post
Some of his posts have generated some great discussions and I would hate to see ATL fan leave. I would hope he can just respond to the threads we already have and not create new ones for a while. He seems like a nice guy so I hope he sticks around.
Yes, I agree and we need great discussions. This town will be a lot different in 10 years than it is today. I'd like to think that our discussions help define what Greenville will be in the future. We moved here for that potential and have seen lots of changes in our 11 years here. Now if we can just get a White Castle we will be very very happy! lol

Old 05-07-2014, 11:30 AM

1,067 posts, read 1,195,787 times
Ok thanks everybody I'm stay here thanks for the help a Whilte Castle would be great for this area

Old 05-07-2014, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
Now if we can just get a White Castle we will be very very happy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or