Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2014, 04:24 PM

632 posts, read 748,567 times

Advertisements

Anita's Mexican in Simpsonville.... Good people, great authentic food.

Charlie's BBQ at Pelham and 14.... Good stuff

The Acropolis on Pelham Rd..... Ecelctic mix of Italian and Greek leanings.

Pita House across from Grenville Tech. Good Middle Eastern Fare

Another upvote for Grits and Groceries..... Shrimp and Grits, last visit. Outstanding
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2014, 08:24 PM

Ooops... Thought of a couple more, after the Edit Button escaped.

The Junction Too, in Spartanbug, just off Hearon Circle on Simeul Rd..... Southern Country Style Comfort Food buffet

The Drake House on 176 between Landrum SC and Tryon NC...... "Updated" Southern Country Style buffet

Stone Soup Cafe on Hwy14 between Landrum and I-26..... Upscale menu with broad appeal, without getting snooty

The Purple Onion on the main drag in Saluda NC... Great sandwiches and such, with a relaxed feel, indoors or out.

I'm fully aware I've wandered off the SC reservation with some of these, but a relatively short scenic drive isn't a bad thing. If you're going to go exploring you need to eat. Some of these are rare, well hidden gems that are easily passed by. None of them are particularly pricey and some are actually pretty inexpensive. Support these local small Mom and Pop shops.

Old 05-09-2014, 09:56 PM

21,021 posts, read 27,245,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedge1 View Post
Ooops... Thought of a couple more, after the Edit Button escaped.

The Junction Too, in Spartanbug, just off Hearon Circle on Simeul Rd..... Southern Country Style Comfort Food buffet
The Junction is also located on South Carolina 14 at South Carolina 11 in Gowensville. A huge negative is the hours of operation is severely limited. They are not open in the evenings most nights during the week.

Old 05-10-2014, 10:19 AM

Yeeeaaahhh... I tried to sneak that one by, so I didn't wind up waiting for a table.

Cedge

Old 05-11-2014, 06:26 AM

77 posts, read 110,523 times
Thanks for posting all these great restaurants. Not only is it important to support local businesses, I also feel that these places add to the charm of Greenville. I am impressed with all the ethnic restaurants that Greenville has and to add a few more:

Paulista's Brazilian restaurant. It used to be on Wade Hampton but now to keep overhead down, Paulista runs a small restaurant in back of the Drop In Store on Main Street, north of Stone. It's mostly a take out, but there are tables if you want to sit down and eat. It's an unique experience for Greenville, but something you see in cities like New Orleans.

Last night we had dinner at Bella Vita in Easley, which is also a unique experience. It's definitely off the beaten path and is only open Thursday to Saturday. The place is small and I wouldn't show up without reservations. The chefs are from NY and the goal is to mimic a true Tuscan experience. Everyone gets the day's appetizer and pasta and then you choose from 3 entrees, Land (beef), Air (poultry) or Sea (fish). The food was wonderful and experience delightful.

Old 05-11-2014, 02:32 PM

Tom's HotDogs and Deli on Wade Hampton, near Hwy 14..... Good Nathan Hotdogs, topped any way you like them. A growing Deli menu featuring Boars head products.

Chef Manigault's La Vieille Maison. Just off the Geeenville County Center property on Howe St..... A broad spectrum seasonal menu with classical French and occasional Gullah touches. Upscale cuisine without the upscale prices in an elegant old downtown home.

Mimi's Japanese Steam house, locations on Woodruff Rd, Main St Greer and Simpsonville..... Japanese steakhouse fare plus sushi and showmanship cooking to entertain kids... of all ages.. good fun meal with enough left to some take home.

Gus's Side St Cafe, Corner of White horse Rd and Anderson Rd (hwy 81)... one of the last true southern style Meat and 3 diners. The cooks make things from scratch and season those that come from a can This is not health food, but it is true southern, hard working man's fare, from days past. Choose 1 meat entree, 3 veggies... rolls or cornbread comes with it, along with a bottomless glass of Carolina style Sweet Tea. Yuuuummmmm..

Joe Schmoe's, Powdersville on 81 just off 153 .... Bar/Restaurant atmosphere. Great Wings, Excellent pizza for your money. Usually friendly staff.... but hiring high school cuties can make for service being a little iffy. Still.... worth it for the wings.

Cedge

Old 05-12-2014, 08:26 PM

348 posts, read 497,081 times
Default Adams Bistro!!

Adam's Bistro on Pelham. I believe it is family owned and run. Always consistent good food.

Old 05-13-2014, 08:07 AM

285 posts, read 457,339 times
Illianos Italian on Orchard Park

Old 05-16-2014, 08:13 PM

453 posts, read 646,874 times
I can't say enough good things about Illiano's. Good call.

Anyone who hasn't tried Bo Daddy's Smokehouse (a pretty much entirely husband-and-wife operation) really ought to give them a shot. Even with as many BBQ options as Greenville has, the quality and unique takes really set them apart. Great atmosphere and super-friendly too.

Old 06-09-2014, 05:45 AM

1,845 posts, read 2,763,744 times
Green Lettuce in the West End, Greenville. Great take on the Mediterranean flair, and proves that healthy can be delicious also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area