U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2014, 05:34 PM

10,062 posts, read 19,932,567 times

Advertisements

Just wondering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2014, 06:01 PM

32 posts, read 50,695 times
Lol! I've been reading this forum for a minute and it seems like all people want here is typical chain fast food joints, and gets excited about every basic drive thru joint that gets built. Personally the only 1 that's needed in this area is Popeyes.

Old 05-16-2014, 08:12 PM

369 posts, read 403,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citystarter View Post
Lol! I've been reading this forum for a minute and it seems like all people want here is typical chain fast food joints
Awwww...I don't think it's that so much. There's plenty of excitement about local places too. It's just that a homegrown place has to be open (or close enough to it) to generate a lot of enthusiasm. More familiar brands already have that attachment built in, so when we're daydreaming about places we'd like to see open, those are what typically pop into our heads.

Old 05-17-2014, 06:59 AM

32 posts, read 50,695 times
I guess that's true but it just seems like allot of fast food joint threads on here that's all.

Old 05-19-2014, 09:02 AM

5,489 posts, read 6,213,534 times
I agree. Seems like a few posters just want to cover every square foot of available land with a fast food place. Doesn't anybody eat at home anymore?

Old 05-19-2014, 09:11 AM

81 posts, read 164,526 times
I agree. I wish we could consolidate all of these fast food posts into one. Not sure why anyone cares how many more fast food joints we can cram into town.

Old 05-19-2014, 09:20 AM

5,187 posts, read 7,500,599 times
Maybe a moderator can combine all of ATL fan's threads into one thread?

That would go a long way to clearing this mess up.

As it is, it looks like the people of Greenville are obsessed with crappy food and gas stations.

Or even better, crappy food from a gas station.

Or a strip club.

Just had a thought! Maybe a seafood restaurant/strip club. I'll call it Fish n' Tlts.

Old 05-19-2014, 09:32 AM

5,891 posts, read 11,084,703 times
I can't even imagine why so many people here are obsessed with fast food joints when there are so many wonderful restaurants. And, yes, whatever happened to eating at home? It saves a lot of money, and you are aware of what's going into your food!

Old 05-19-2014, 09:59 AM

505 posts, read 757,047 times
I don't even live in SC anymore, but I still come to this subforum, because I lived in the area for seven years, still have in-law's in the area, and still own property in Easley. I have noticed that in the last few months we went from talking about actual developments to probably 97% speculation and dreaming about everything (thanks to one poster, obviously). It's become pretty pathetic. I really enjoyed this forum before. What can we do? Really, I would like to know what can we actually do to get it back to being as interesting and informative as it was before without all the excess wishlisting?

Old 05-19-2014, 10:07 AM

2,049 posts, read 1,832,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameAlreadyTaken View Post
I don't even live in SC anymore, but I still come to this subforum, because I lived in the area for seven years, still have in-law's in the area, and still own property in Easley. I have noticed that in the last few months we went from talking about actual developments to probably 97% speculation and dreaming about everything (thanks to one poster, obviously). It's become pretty pathetic. I really enjoyed this forum before. What can we do? Really, I would like to know what can we actually do to get it back to being as interesting and informative as it was before without all the excess wishlisting?
There is now a single thread for that discussion. The next step would be to lock all the old threads and then merge any new threads into the existing thread. It is interesting to occasionally discuss wishlist items for the area but it can be a bit much when you have to wade through 10-15 of those threads to find useful information based on actual development.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or