Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2014, 02:08 PM

1,095 posts, read 1,585,010 times

Advertisements

There some new stores and eat places I would like to see come to Greenville SC a Lego store would be great for Haywood Mall , Kitchen Aid store would be great for CherryDale Point also also the old ChInese Buffet at CheryyDale Point I would to see a Local Cafe there or a chicken and waffle place there at the old Poe mill , i like would like to see a nice park also a Columbia outwear store would be great for the Lauren's Rd area also fix up Poinsett highway , at the old Dixe i would like to see a FireHouse Subs, also at the Empty land across Form there i would like to see a Bob Evans , I drive Poinsett Rd a lot it needs fix up make look better going twds Downtown Greenville also Furman Hall RD needs clean up as well also there is empty land across form the Dolllar Genreal where there is a Pespi Sgin I would see all that torn down and put a Fruit Market there also a Ihop would great for TR near the Walmart there also a Captin D's would great for TR as well next Walmart there also a , 2rd TGI Fridays would be great for TR and a 2rd Best Buy would great for that area Greenville SC is growing we been here sinice the 80's also a Cracker Barrel would be great for SC/NC line also a Quick trip near The SC/NC line . in Easley SC I would like to see a Nautia store also a Whtile Castle would great for this area also a Super Targert would be great for the CherryDale area lets keep this going and new ideas also a Hot dog cart would be great for Downtown Greenville
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2014, 02:41 PM

5,124 posts, read 7,246,826 times
Welcome back to the ATL fan. Glad to see you have returned. And very good to see you have a dedicated thread of your own for all your ideas. Please post here going forward rather than starting new threads, as it will avoid clutter of the forum and complaints from the naysayers. You are quite correct that Poinsett Highway needs to be revitalized and cleaned up, and I think they are working on plans to do so. From Furman Univ. area all the way as a gateway to Greenville downtown. A QuikTrip would be good for TR or Cherrydale. And would like to see a White Castle, but probably have to settle for Krystal. And Belk at Haywood Mall has a nice Nautica section. But I don't foresee an individual store coming. And an IHOP near Furman or TR would be great idea.

Old 05-17-2014, 02:45 PM

21,003 posts, read 26,990,956 times
It would be nice if the thread was titled "Greenville, South Carolina ideas." There are more great ideas to desire for Greenville.

Old 05-17-2014, 02:48 PM

At one point, there was talk of a possible Best Buy location near Cherrydale. But I think they may have slowed their expansion a bit due to declining sales as a result of competition from Amazon and other online vendors. These days people are using Best Buy for "showrooming," which means they go there to look at a TV or something, then purchase from Amazon. But finally, to combat this slump in sales, they have become more aggressive with price matching and negotiating like HHG. Would be nice to see another Best Buy for that area.

Old 05-17-2014, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
It would be nice if the thread was titled "Greenville, South Carolina ideas." There are more great ideas to desire for Greenville.
While this thread is indeed about Greenville, SC ideas, it is from the ATL fan's point of view and perspective, whereas others are invited to comment and participate. So I think the title is appropriate, as it gives him his own dedicated thread to provide input. Rather than cause complaints in other threads. So I think it is good like it is.

Old 05-17-2014, 02:55 PM

I would like to see Barnes & Noble open a store near Cherrydale Point. Buying books and music is still popular, no matter what electronic books and music downloads are available.

Old 05-17-2014, 03:18 PM

A 2rd Best Buy would be great for TR where the old plant was then a Nice Ihop would nice near the TR Walmart also a Whtle Castle across from TR Walmart a Quick Trip, would be great for CherrYDale area like next to Home Deport , also a Jimmy Johns would great at the Old Dixe on Poinsett Highway also the Empty Lnd across from there I would like to see a Bob Evans Poinsett highway needs clean up I hope here do it soon, also a Chicken and Waflle place for the Haywood mall food court

Old 05-17-2014, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simsusa View Post
I'd like to see all stores on Woodruff open up locations in other parts of town. That would take care of the Woodruff Road traffic problem and we wouldn't invest millions into Woodruff road with the unrealistic belief that is going to fix the traffic issues as many people want us to do.
I absolutely agree with that idea. I don't understand this mentality of everyone must crowd and converge upon Woodruff Rd. Everything has closed on Laurens Rd. and Haywood Rd. and moved to Woodruff Rd. But looks like they are trying to redevelop Laurens Rd. and Haywood Rd. again.

Old 05-17-2014, 03:25 PM

I agree as well a Barnes&Noble would great at The CherrYDale area also a Home Dpeot would great for TR

Old 05-17-2014, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL fan View Post
A 2rd Best Buy would be great for TR where the old plant was then a Nice Ihop would nice near the TR Walmart also a Whtle Castle across from TR Walmart a Quick Trip, would be great for CherrYDale area like next to Home Deport , also a Jimmy Johns would great at the Old Dixe on Poinsett Highway also the Empty Lnd across from there I would like to see a Bob Evans Poinsett highway needs clean up I hope here do it soon, also a Chicken and Waflle place for the Haywood mall food court
Ingle's Markets still owns the retail center on State Park Road that housed old store 40. The former store remains in use for storage.

The former M-Tex on South End Circle, behind the old Ingle's, remains a game changer for Travelers Rest. This would be a great site for Ingle's to reopen store 40 in a larger location. It would also give Travelers Rest a good retail center with Belk and someone else major as tenants. I do not know who owns the site presently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
I absolutely agree with that idea. I don't understand this mentality of everyone must crowd and converge upon Woodruff Rd. Everything has closed on Laurens Rd. and Haywood Rd. and moved to Woodruff Rd. But looks like they are trying to redevelop Laurens Rd. and Haywood Rd. again.
I do not view Woodruff Road as anything special. It became a popular road through growth and opportunity transiting to limitations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area