U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2016, 03:09 PM

3,257 posts, read 3,974,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Albertson's has not done well in the southeastern United States. It pulled out of Alabama, Mississippi, and Tennessee, and converted its three remaining Florida stores to Safeway. I do not know if either Albertson's or Safeway considered expanding into Georgia, North Carolina, and South Carolina.
I believe you may still see Safeway stores in Northern Virginia and Maryland, but they no longer seem to have such a strong presence due to competition from longtime rival Giant Landover and newer arrival of Harris Teeter. I think Safeway may now be stronger on the West coast in places such as California. Parent company Albertson's has mostly abandoned Florida where Publix now dominates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2016, 03:14 PM

Good news the Willy Taco is now open at the old Feed and Seed. I know this site has been a concern for a good while and nice to see something new down there.

Old 12-16-2016, 06:55 PM

1,069 posts, read 1,198,022 times
How about about a trander Joe's at the Berea Shops with the same stuff inside and the same stores also can't wait to try willy taco

Old 12-17-2016, 07:29 PM

94 posts, read 70,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL fan View Post
How about about a trander Joe's at the Berea Shops with the same stuff inside and the same stores also can't wait to try willy taco
I have heard from multiple sources that the Gville Trader Joe's is barely hitting corporate sales goals. I seriously doubt that they would ever consider diluting the market by adding a second store locally.

Old 12-18-2016, 07:45 PM

First you must consider does the Berea trade area have a need or demand for another supermarket participant? Then, most likely, it would be a chain already firmly established within the local market area, rather than a new participant. Which would primarily include Bi-Lo, Publix, Ingle's, or Walmart. And Bi-Lo is already closing underperforming stores in that area, and the demographics may not be the ideal fit for Publix. As for Ingle's, isn't there already a location on White Horse Rd. nearby? And with the Walmart Supercenter on White Horse, is there a nearby need for a Walmart Neighborhood Market? And is there an Aldi in the area? So after examining these current statistics, I am not sure there is a need for another supermarket in Berea, however nice the idea may sound. And although Lowe's Foods and Harris Teeter are entering the Upstate market, I do not necessarily see Berea as one of their target areas. And while Food Lion may seem a good fit for Berea, they have unfortunately been unsuccessful in the Upstate region.

Old 12-18-2016, 07:48 PM

But do not be discouraged. Keep up the creative ideas. We finally got the Cheesecake Factory and the Willy Taco has opened at the old Feed and Seed. And Popeyes is on the way. So keep on planning the good ideas.

Old 12-21-2016, 08:52 PM

Thanks how about a Spount Famers Market at the Berea Shops with the same stuff inside and the same stores and PopEyes will do good here In Greenville

Old 12-21-2016, 09:11 PM

19,404 posts, read 17,146,596 times
Sprouts Farmers Market, a specialty organic grocer, has stores in Georgia and is expanding into North Carolina. It could expand into South Carolina to compete against Earth Fare and Whole Foods Markets.

Old 12-22-2016, 08:54 PM

Sprouts framers market would do good here In Berea SC

Old 12-22-2016, 11:06 PM

19,404 posts, read 17,146,596 times
I would like to see a specialty organic/gourmet grocery store in northwestern Greenville County. The Berea community may not be the best trade area. Travelers Rest or Cherrydale could be better options.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or