U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2014, 07:36 PM

3,249 posts, read 3,963,091 times

Advertisements

Apparently now confirmed Harris Teeter is coming to Augusta Rd. which is great news for new flagship store.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2014, 10:41 PM

19,386 posts, read 17,088,641 times
How about this idea?

Kroger Marketplace is a major tenant for a new mixed use residential and commercial development at Poinsett Highway and Old Buncombe Road. The 120,000 square feet store would be accompanied by an above store three level parking deck. Mid-rise residential structures with underground parking would surround the site.

Old 12-20-2014, 09:48 AM

1,067 posts, read 1,195,995 times
That's a great idea a Kogers MarketPlace at Poinsett Highway and old Buncombe RD also at CherryDale Point there are some empty Buldings I would like to see the Fellowing at CherryDale Point , New Era Store , Levis Oulet , FireHouse Subs , A Southern Seafood Local SC Restaurant , Boot Barn , RL Polo Store , JD Crew Oulet , Toms Shoes Oulet , DSW then on Poinset Highway the empty building pass CherryDale I would like to see it torn down and put a , City BQQ with indoor and outdoor seating , free WFI , Free USAtoday , Nice restrooms , free candy for kids , then at the old Dixe Restsurant I would like to see the Bulding torn down and put a Captin D's there the empty land across form that where the old tee Shrit factory was I would like to see a , Pannda Express also on the same RD I would like to see a , DEL toco , NY Style Deli , Nike Golf Shop , Joes Clother store , Ben and Jerry's ice cream The rd been fix area clean up new trees planted , etc new green space homes fix up , also the empty land before you get to the DOC office before you get into Downtown Greenville At the empty land i would like to see a , Roy Rogers then the the empty land after the Doc office I would like to see a , Sean John Store then the empty land near that Pharmacy I would like to see a , Ben and Jerry's Ice cream hut with tables and chairs to eat your ice cream then at the Old Gean's restaurant I would like see , old school dinner there for breakfast , luch dinner , with chicken and waffles , soups , pancakes , pancakes with fruit , Bagles , creal , old fashion southern chicken fired , BQQ , hamburgers , chill , sandwrichs , Chicago style hotdogs , hotdogs , waffles , waffles with fruit , Salands , Grits , seafood , Peacan Fired chicken , etc , with free WFI , nice restrooms , Free USAtoday , flat screen TV , Free mints , Southern sweet tea , water , Green tea , sodas , RootBeer , etc call it Greenville Downtown Old School Dinner , also the empty land next to GT Express before you get to the home Deport after CherryDale at the empty land I would like to see a , Justin Boots

Old 12-20-2014, 08:39 PM

Not many people are receptive to big box stores and shopping centers with expansive surface parking lots. If you want to maximize the use of a specific site without going of the aforementioned concept, you need to grow vertically.

Publix does not have stores that are 120,000 square feet in size. Kroger Marketplace stores are that size. You are likely to see Publix stores between 45,000 to 55,000 square feet most of the time.

I have no problem parking in parking decks.

Old 12-20-2014, 08:42 PM

Kroger would be smart to acquire an existing chain to reach small towns across upstate South Carolina.

Old 12-20-2014, 09:23 PM

Yes, Kroger owns Harris Teeter. Harris Teeter is now reentering the upstate South Carolina region and the Greenville area after a 13 year absence.

Some small towns can support another supermarket if it is the right chain making right decisions.

Old 12-21-2014, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Not many people are receptive to big box stores and shopping centers with expansive surface parking lots. If you want to maximize the use of a specific site without going of the aforementioned concept, you need to grow vertically.

Publix does not have stores that are 120,000 square feet in size. Kroger Marketplace stores are that size. You are likely to see Publix stores between 45,000 to 55,000 square feet most of the time.

I have no problem parking in parking decks.
Kroger Marketplace, some Ingle's, Walmart, and Meijer apparently have these large supercenter style stores.

Old 12-21-2014, 10:06 AM

Kroger Marketplace, Walmart Supercenter and Meijer stores are considered hypermarkets.

Ingle's 80,000 square feet stores are not hypermarkets. They are expansive supermarkets.

Old 12-21-2014, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Kroger Marketplace, Walmart Supercenter and Meijer stores are considered hypermarkets.

Ingle's 80,000 square feet stores are not hypermarkets. They are expansive supermarkets.
Yes, wasn't thinking clearly. The large Ingle's are just bigger grocery stores. Those other supercenters are also large discount dept. stores as well as food and grocery markets.

Old 12-21-2014, 06:23 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,195,995 times
Also On Lauren's RD the empty Bulding before you get to Dale's I would like to see the empty Bulding torn down , and see a small Kogers there is empty land next to that so there possible room for this with free WFI , Starbucks , SC Loal cafe and nice restrooms then empty land across the sreet i would like to see a , DQ then also across the sreet there is empty Bulding , at the , empty Bulding I would like to see a , Aisa Restaurent then down Lauren's RD there is a empty Bulding and empty land at that spot I would like to see the Bulding torn down and put a , Sangebush steak house there also at the old feed and seed store on Lauren's RD i would the Bulding torn and put a , Joes Clother store
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or