U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2014, 12:21 PM

3,249 posts, read 3,961,538 times

Advertisements

Family Dollar had recently announced they were closing a certain amount of underperforming stores. I suppose it is based upon the volume of sales at any given location. But I really don't know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2014, 02:06 PM

19,380 posts, read 17,079,986 times
Default Family Dollar

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Family Dollar had recently announced they were closing a certain amount of underperforming stores. I suppose it is based upon the volume of sales at any given location. But I really don't know.
Family Dollar has announced they are closing 370 stores. A list of stores closing has not been finalized yet. The closings will occur in the second half of fiscal year 2014. If Family Dollar's fiscal year is the same as a calendar year, I would expect a list of stores closing to be out in June and store closings to begin in July.

Digging in, GSA Business reports Family Dollar is opening ten stores in South Carolina through 2015. Besides Easley Bridge Road in Greenville, two stores in Columbia and one store each in Ninety Six, North Charleston, Beaufort, New Ellenton, Rock Hill, Summerville and Sumter.

When stores are closing, they will have their hours reduced. For example, stores are closing at 19:00 (7 pm) instead of later. In addition to store 32, these stores are closing:
Store 1650, 311 Spartanburg Highway, Wellford, SC 29685-9439
Store 3351, 1301 West Wade Hampton Boulevard, Greer, SC 29650-1120

Boncimino, Ashley. "Family Dollar opening 10 S.C. stores through 2015." GSA Business. Published 2014-05-28. GSA Business. Accessed 2014-05-28. <http://gsabusiness.com/news/51511-family-dollar-opening-10-s-c-stores-through-2015>

"Family Dollar reports second quarter 2014 financial results; announces immediate strategic actions." Matthews, North Carolina: Family Dollar. 2014-04-10. Family Dollar. Retrieved 2014-05-28. <http://corporate.familydollar.com/pages/family-dollar-2q-fy14-earnings.aspx>

Last edited by Carolina Knight; 05-28-2014 at 03:08 PM..

Old 05-29-2014, 08:24 AM

1,067 posts, read 1,195,787 times
Family Dollar is nice store I shop there a lot , also a Subway would great near GSP I do think more stores and hotels need o be near GSP, also a bookstore would great back In the Haywood Mall , also a Ben and Jerry's would be great the Haywood Mall as well booth would do great also yes rwoc has new shin I go there also a Bob Evans Wokd be great at CherryDale ,

Old 05-29-2014, 10:28 AM

2,049 posts, read 1,830,621 times
I would love to see a bookstore back in the mall as well. Unfortunately, bookstores are closing across the country. Pretty much no new bookstores are being opened so it is unlikely that we would see a new one at Haywood mall.

Old 05-29-2014, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolstuckinNC View Post
I would love to see a bookstore back in the mall as well. Unfortunately, bookstores are closing across the country. Pretty much no new bookstores are being opened so it is unlikely that we would see a new one at Haywood mall.
Most malls used to have a Waldenbooks or a B. Dalton bookstore. Sorry to see them go.

Old 05-29-2014, 11:35 AM

19,380 posts, read 17,079,986 times
Default Family Dollar; Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL fan View Post
Family Dollar is nice store I shop there a lot , also a Subway would great near GSP I do think more stores and hotels need o be near GSP, also a bookstore would great back In the Haywood Mall , also a Ben and Jerry's would be great the Haywood Mall as well booth would do great also yes rwoc has new shin I go there also a Bob Evans Wokd be great at CherryDale ,
Family Dollar is Dollar General's closest competitor. I do not know if their stores are nicer and if they carry better products. They have lost market share to Dollar General, in terms of locations and convenience, and Dollar Tree, in terms of price. I think the dollar store concept is over-saturated and the weak competition will be thinned out.

Does Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport have land use restrictions within a certain distance of runways for safety issues? This is why you do not see much development near the runway on South Carolina 14 or South Carolina 101.

Old 05-29-2014, 11:36 AM

Quote:
They still have a Bob Evans in Rock Hill, SC, as well as Huntersville, NC and Charlotte. Also in Myrtle Beach. Don't know why they pulled out of Greenville.

Old 05-29-2014, 02:28 PM

Ok did not know that about Bob Evans I do think a Bob Evans would do great on Haywood RD next to the Haywood Mall also at the the old Wendy's on Haywood RD I would like to see a Popeyes at the old Arby's tear it down and put a Jelly Belly store , at the Steve and Berry's i would like to see a nice Ingels , at the old TJ max I would like to see a DC Shoe outlet and at the old golf store behind the Haywoid Mall i would like to see a toy store also at 500 Congree Rd I would like to see a Bubba Gump at the land pass Jo Ann's i would like to see a Nice Big Lots also the land next to Miyabi i would like to see a nice DQ and across the street red do the o,d steak house and put a ChesseCake Factory I was not take about near the runway at GSP I was talk about before you get to GSP a Quick trip would do great near GSP and a Subway next to it like off a exit before you or after GSP, also a Hampton at GSP across form the Quck trip with a gym Starbucks indoor pool free WFI basketball counts areas for kids with toys games etc SC gift shop next to there a Ihop also a 2rd TGI Fridays would be great at CherryDale also DSW would great at CherryDae ,IN TR at the old plant i Wokd like to see a Ingels with a Cracker Barrel next to it then at the old Ingels trear it down and put a nice Big Lots there the land next to Walmart i would like to see a Papa and Beers also a DQ Captin D's StarBucks and a Aldi's next to Auto Zone also In Easley SC a Krinklands would be nice and a Targert would be nice as well also In Berea SC at the Bollwing alley I would like to see a nice blowing alley with a nice cafe eat area in there with video games pool tables also close the other stuff at the same place next to the blowing alley and put a firehouse subs and a Petco next to it but that whole area needs clean up and the roads fix also at the old Kmart put a nice Pubix, tear down the old Win Dixe and put a nice pizza Hut also a Ben and Jerry's ice cream Targrt Lego store , a 3rd Chills Wokd all great for Berea SC

Old 05-30-2014, 01:53 PM

Also a Panda Express would great at the Haywood Mall food count also a Quick trip would great On Fountain INN with a White Castle next to it and across from it a DQ also a hot dog carts for GSP and at CherryDale a Jim & Nicks BQQ would be great also a Quiv Trip would great for Pickens SC as well with a Ihop across from it

Old 05-30-2014, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Also a Panda Express would great at the Haywood Mall food count also a Quick trip would great On Fountain INN with a White Castle next to it and across from it a DQ also a hot dog carts for GSP and at CherryDale a Jim & Nicks BQQ would be great also a Quiv Trip would great for Pickens SC as well with a Ihop across from it
I would like to see Panda Express build some free standing locations in the Upstate area. They currently have stores in Atlanta and the Charlotte area. But as I said before, I don't think White Castle has plans to move further south. So give Krystal a try instead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or