U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2015, 02:27 PM

3,257 posts, read 3,964,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL fan View Post
Also there is empty land on Pleastburhg across foem BJU the back side of BJU a Shoney's use to be there this is before you get to East North Street at the empty land I would like to see a , Captin D 's with indoor and outdoor seating , free WFI , nice restrooms , flat screen tv , SKY lights , free USA today , free mints , kids eat free on the weekends , family nights on Fridays , free candy for kids , weather center , frist aid center then at the old Jack In Box on Pelham Rd I would like to see a , Popeyes Chicken
Captain D's has announced plans for a return to Greenville, SC but no locations have yet been revealed. And I remember the old Shoney's on Pleasantburg and it used to do a very good business. I would like to see Shoney's rejoin the Big Boy franchise and return to the Upstate. And still waiting on a Popeyes and a Panda Express.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2015, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
I would like to see the city of Greenville develop a master plan that will revitalize North Pleasantburg Drive from East North Street to Wade Hampton Boulevard. I think one was conceived several years ago, but it was not executed.

I think the North Pleasantburg Drive sub-market has enough commercial uses. I would gladly consider another non-quick service restaurant as a dining option. Mid-rise residential communities to infill would be a wise direction.
That entire strip shopping center along North Pleasantburg Drive needs to be revitalized. But I still miss that old Quick Shop newsstand that closed down. They had a wide selection of magazines and out of town newspapers. I would always go there to purchase the Atlanta, Columbia, and Charlotte newspapers. Now you can only purchase the Charlotte Observer at select Publix and QuikTrip locations, as well as the Drop In Store near downtown.

Old 03-24-2015, 03:52 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,196,293 times
How about all new stores at the shopping centers at North Pleastburng Drive wih a , Create Brrrel Store , Great Clips , , Levi's Oulet , Nike Womes store , Hat world , RL Polo store , Re pave the Park lot new tress , flowes and greenspace then at the empty land after that i would like to see a , Big Boy

Last edited by ATL fan; 03-24-2015 at 03:53 PM.. Reason: add

Old 03-24-2015, 04:17 PM

19,394 posts, read 17,100,106 times
Default Lake Forest Shopping Center, Greenville, South Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
That entire strip shopping center along North Pleasantburg Drive needs to be revitalized. But I still miss that old Quick Shop newsstand that closed down. They had a wide selection of magazines and out of town newspapers. I would always go there to purchase the Atlanta, Columbia, and Charlotte newspapers. Now you can only purchase the Charlotte Observer at select Publix and QuikTrip locations, as well as the Drop In Store near downtown.
Lake Forest Shopping Center underwent a major update nearly 25 years ago with new pylon signage and contemporary facade. Some landscaping and better access from Edwards Road would be wise investments.

Old 03-24-2015, 06:00 PM

I agree some Lamdscaping and better access for Lake Froest shopping center would be great

Old 03-31-2015, 09:56 AM

Also there empty land you can see form the InSate this near the Greenville Downtown airport at the empty land I would like to see Greenville Shops Place with a , Harris Tetter with Free WFI , SKY lights , weather center , SunTust Bank , nice restrooms , frist aid center , Spill the beans , SC local cafe , kids days on the Weekends , family nights on Friday nights , free mints , free candy for kids other stores at the shops , Abercrombie and Fitch , Abercrombie for kids , Nike Flag Ship store , New Era store , Pizza Hut , Sammy's Pizza Shop , City BQQ , Crocks Shoe Store , BMW Gift Shop , Nautia Store , Papa Johns Pizza , MD 360 , Frist Watch cafe , Puma Store , Mac tools store , Coffee and more , Hello Kitty Store , NBA Store , Gap Oulet , See Candy Store , Obey Clother Store , Greenville Drive Gift Shop , Sports Clips , Great clips , Ben and Jerry's ice cream shop , Braves Gift Shop , Burt Bees Store , Petco , Timex watch store , MoonPie store , Rita's ice , Chevy Gift Shop , It's Paper , Office Max , Jay's BQQ , Totes Oulet , Hugo Boss Oulet , UPS store , Sperry Shoe Store , Tomes Shoes Store , Panthers Gift Shop NFL , Hawks Gift Shop , IZOD store , Greenville SC Gift Shop , Chicago Style Hot Dog place , NY Style Deil , Waves Clother Store , QuickSliver store , NBA UGK store , DRY cleans , Hallmark , Best Buy Mobile store , Mybi's Express , Charter Store , Ray SunGlass Store. Sprint Phone store , NASCAR gift shop , Pam's cafe , SC Gift Shop , Levi's store , Toys R US Express Store , All State , State Farm , Safe Harrbor Store , Auto Zone , Rainbow Sandles Oulet , Born Shoe Store , Jelly Belly Store , SAM's Clother store , Northface store , Blocks Bagles , Egss Up Grill , Pita's Pit , JD Crew Oulet , Guss Jeans store , Ear Shot , Hornets Gift shop NBA , UpState of SC Gift Shop , Gabes Subs , Battires Pules , nice Big Lots , Boost Mobile Store , Erko Brand store , Sean John Store , Gerg's Pizza Shop , Sweet Fog , Barves Rero Gift Shop , NY Style pizza shop , RL Polo store , Tommy Higlfier store , Dinsey store , Tiffany and company , Hat World , Keds Shoe store , Tiger shoe store , Pony Shoe store , Hagger Clother store , Tommy Bamma store , Dc Shoe store , USC Gift Shop , Furman Gift Shop , Ace Hardwear , Nike Golf Store , Nike Womens store , Gerg Norman Golf shop , Land ends store , Craftsman store then at the end of the shops a , Sangebush steak house with free WFI , SKY lights , weather center , indoor and outdoor seating , nice restrooms , video games , pool tables , frist aid center , VIP park , free mints , free USA today , free candy for kids , kids eat free on the weekends , family nights on Friday nights then at the old Gill 33 I would like to see a , CA Pizza Kitchen then at 500 Congree RD I would like to see a , IKEA Furnitre store then at the end a , Chesse Cake Factory then at the Old Arby's I would like it torn down and put a PopEyes Chicken then at the Haywood Mall at the old Radio Sack I would like to see a , Famous Footwear then at the old Body Shop I would like to see a , Michael Knors store then at the old Body Shop Clother Store I would like to see a , Uban Outfits , then empty Space btween Vans off the Wall and Cazy 8 I would like to see a HM , and when Preana's moves i would like to see a , Create Barrel then at the food court there are 2 empty spaces at the frist one a , Wendy's then at the 2rd one a , DQ then at te bulding next to Jimmy Johns behind the Haywood Mall I would like to see a , Cole Hass Shoe store then at the old golf store a , Puma Golf Shop then at empty land near steak and Shake I would like to see a , Captin D's with free WFI , SKY lights , weather center indoor and outdoor seating , Flat screen TV , free USA today , free mints , kids eat free on the weekends , then at the empty land near the Sports Club I would like to see a , East Bay Deil , then at the old Olypian Grill I would like to see it tron down and put a , Tim's Horton's with , Free WFI , SKY lights , nice restrooms , free mints , weather center , frist aid center , Flat screen TV , kids days on the weekends , then the empty land next to Mybi's I would like to see a , nice free Stand CVS then across the street a , Bob Evans , then at the old TJ Maxs I would like to see a , Lego's store then at the old Plto's closet I would like to see a , Nike Oulet then at the empty land on Haywood RD next where the Christmas trees are sold I would like to see a , Big Boy then the empty land near Harrbor INN and Papa's and beers at the empty land I would like to see a , Smash Burgar then at the old Gun Store I would like to see it torn down and put a , Jim's Nicks and BQQ with the empty next to it use for all of it then the empty bulding across the sreet I would like to see a , Tide Dry cleans

Old 03-31-2015, 10:04 AM

19,394 posts, read 17,100,106 times
Harris Teeter and Pizza Hut in the North Pleasantburg Drive area would be nice. Pizza Hut had a location on North Pleasanburg Drive years ago.

Old 03-31-2015, 02:59 PM

Thanks that would nice for that area

Old 03-31-2015, 04:23 PM

There has been speculation for several years regarding a Cheesecake Factory, most likely for Haywood Mall or Magnolia Park. But so far plans have not materialized. But it would be great to have a Popeyes and a Big Boy.

Old 03-31-2015, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Harris Teeter and Pizza Hut in the North Pleasantburg Drive area would be nice. Pizza Hut had a location on North Pleasanburg Drive years ago.
There was a nice large Pizza Hut that was originally a Sambo's restaurant, which was similar to Denny's. In fact, many former Sambos stores were converted to Denny's as there building structure was very similar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or