U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2015, 08:28 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,196,293 times

Advertisements

That would great for Easely SC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2015, 09:15 PM

19,391 posts, read 17,100,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL fan View Post
...at the old BILO I would like to see a , Kogers with free WFI , SKY lights , nice restrooms , TD Bank , SC StarBucks , SC Local Cafe...
If Kroger chooses to expand into Pickens County and open its Marketplace hypermarket stores through its own banner, Harris Teeter or through an acquired competitor, it would likely have Starbucks Coffee, bank, fuel center, pharmacy with drive through, groceries, fresh foods, apparel, Fred Meyer Jewelers, indoor living products, etc.

Old 06-18-2015, 09:15 AM

1,067 posts, read 1,196,293 times
Ok how Kogers In Easely SC at the the old BILO the same stuff and the stuff you said in side

Old 06-18-2015, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Ok how Kogers In Easely SC at the the old BILO the same stuff and the stuff you said in side
If Kroger were to locate at Easley Village Shopping Center, both former Kmart #3645 and Bi-Lo #5199 would have to be demolished. As Hamrick's will open a new store in the former Kmart #3645's space, the idea is unrealistic.

Old 06-18-2015, 12:23 PM

3,256 posts, read 3,964,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post
I've looked over many pages in this thread about an hour ago; may I just ask one question? Are you trolling? You comically respond to a poster with maybe a five word sentence, then proceed to name what seems like an infinite amount of stores and candy for kids. Good job though, that's actually impressive that you're able to do this for about a year now!
There was a time when many restaurants and stores offered free candy for the kids. And complimentary mints for the adults. It would be nice to see that more often again.

Old 06-18-2015, 12:30 PM

And I don't think Mr. ATL is trolling. He just has many enthusiastic ideas regarding retail and restaurants, and possible redevelopment and revitalization opportunities. And the mods created his own special thread to share his thoughts and suggestions. So I say just keep those great ideas coming! Sounds like a Cheesecake Factory may finally be on the way, and maybe one day we will eventually get a Popeyes.

Old 06-18-2015, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
If Kroger chooses to expand into Pickens County and open its Marketplace hypermarket stores through its own banner, Harris Teeter or through an acquired competitor, it would likely have Starbucks Coffee, bank, fuel center, pharmacy with drive through, groceries, fresh foods, apparel, Fred Meyer Jewelers, indoor living products, etc.
It remains to be seen how Kroger plans to infill the western Carolinas. But they definitely seem to have Harris Teeter in mind, but is yet to be determined if the Kroger flagship banner may appear. But I speculate they are seriously evaluating the Upstate SC market for future expansion, and it may come at the expense of Bi-Lo.

Old 06-18-2015, 03:11 PM

3,185 posts, read 5,190,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
And I don't think Mr. ATL is trolling. He just has many enthusiastic ideas regarding retail and restaurants, and possible redevelopment and revitalization opportunities. And the mods created his own special thread to share his thoughts and suggestions. So I say just keep those great ideas coming! Sounds like a Cheesecake Factory may finally be on the way, and maybe one day we will eventually get a Popeyes.
But he is a troll; did you not see his response for my comment? I literally called him a troll and rather than responding, he says:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post
I've looked over many pages in this thread about an hour ago; may I just ask one question? Are you trolling? You comically respond to a poster with maybe a five word sentence, then proceed to name what seems like an infinite amount of stores and candy for kids. Good job though, that's actually impressive that you're able to do this for about a year now!
Quote:
That would great for Easely SC

LOL, it's entertaining though. I believe he started off with good intentions, now just makes a list (all the list bare resemblance, copy and paste?) of stores that truly don't make sense such as building a three story mall in Cowpens or however it's spelled. I have to say it's trolling.

Old 06-18-2015, 03:23 PM

3,185 posts, read 5,190,035 times
I've reviewed a few of ATL Fan's post from the past as well as their responses and I'm issuing an apology to him. I don't believe you're a troll, I apologize. Keep up the good work with your posting! You really have great ideas for the area, and I can tell you've done your studying on stores that should be located to this or that city; in other words, you truly love South Carolina and someone like me shouldn't call you a troll for that.

Old 06-18-2015, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
It remains to be seen how Kroger plans to infill the western Carolinas. But they definitely seem to have Harris Teeter in mind, but is yet to be determined if the Kroger flagship banner may appear. But I speculate they are seriously evaluating the Upstate SC market for future expansion, and it may come at the expense of Bi-Lo.
I find the article "Kroger: Harris Teeter Could Impact Kroger Expansion Plans" a good read. Kroger had planned to enter a new market in 2012. The acquisition of Harris Teeter has triggered focused in the southeastern and mid-Atlantic United States.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or