U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2015, 07:54 PM

1,069 posts, read 1,197,180 times

Advertisements

A indoor mall would be nice In Easley SC also where JC Penny's And Belk's it is due for renovation I was there for Belk's Gand opening it's a nice store also a Mall near Bass Pro Shops would be great
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2015, 08:22 PM

19,401 posts, read 17,128,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
A few thoughts here. The nearest Bloomingdale's store is in Atlanta at Lenox Square Mall. It is the upscale division of Macy's, but very overpriced and expensive. Not sure if they are yet ready to locate in Easley. Most new shopping developments in Easley are outdoor centers, rather than enclosed malls. Is Easley ready for an enclosed indoor mall? Might be a nice idea, but perhaps just remodel the shopping center where Belk and JCPenney are located. It is long overdue for renovation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL fan View Post
A indoor mall would be nice In Easley SC also where JC Penny's And Belk's it is due for renovation I was there for Belk's Gand opening it's a nice store also a Mall near Bass Pro Shops would be great
Easley had an indoor mall, Foothills Mall, where Lowe's #469 (6068 Calhoun Memorial Highway, Easley, South Carolina 29640-3812) presently operates. Walmart and Community Cash were the anchors. Community Cash did not have access to the mall; Walmart did.

Old 07-31-2015, 07:23 AM

2,050 posts, read 1,837,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Easley had an indoor mall, Foothills Mall, where Lowe's #469 (6068 Calhoun Memorial Highway, Easley, South Carolina 29640-3812) presently operates. Walmart and Community Cash were the anchors. Community Cash did not have access to the mall; Walmart did.
Wasn't there a Food Lion in that location at one time? I vaguely remember seeing a Food Lion in Easley passing through as a young child.

Old 07-31-2015, 01:31 PM

I did not know Easely had a Indoor I think a indoor mall the idea I had for he big empty land across from Bells Gas Station would be great also a Food Lion wools great at the old BILO In Easley with free WFI ,SKY lights , nice restrooms , free mints , SC local cafe , weather center , Frist aid center , free candy for kids , kids days on the weekends , old fashion candy area/fudge

Old 07-31-2015, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitewaterVol View Post
Wasn't there a Food Lion in that location at one time? I vaguely remember seeing a Food Lion in Easley passing through as a young child.
I do not recall Food Lion ever being in Easley.

Old 07-31-2015, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL fan View Post
I did not know Easely had a Indoor I think a indoor mall the idea I had for he big empty land across from Bells Gas Station would be great also a Food Lion wools great at the old BILO In Easley with free WFI ,SKY lights , nice restrooms , free mints , SC local cafe , weather center , Frist aid center , free candy for kids , kids days on the weekends , old fashion candy area/fudge
I doubt Food Lion will open any new stores across the upstate South Carolina region after they failed. Easley Village Shopping Center could see infilling stores like Ollie's Bargain Outlet and Rose's Express.

Old 07-31-2015, 04:22 PM

3,257 posts, read 3,971,348 times
I will say again QuikTrip normally has nice clean restrooms, and I will stop there to use the facility more than anywhere else.

Old 07-31-2015, 04:33 PM

3,257 posts, read 3,971,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
I doubt Food Lion will open any new stores across the upstate South Carolina region after they failed. Easley Village Shopping Center could see infilling stores like Ollie's Bargain Outlet and Rose's Express.
I do not think Food Lion has altogether failed in the Upstate. They still have stores in Simpsonville, Spartanburg, Greer/Lyman, and possibly Anderson if I am not mistaken. So they have closed underperforming stores and definitely scaled back, but have not altogether failed just yet. The presence of BI-LO and the arrival of Walmart Neighborhood Market may influence Food Lion's future in the Upstate.

Old 07-31-2015, 06:20 PM

Quick trip does have clean bathrooms also how about a Olie's at the old BILO In Easley not been in a food lion in a while

Old 07-31-2015, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
I do not think Food Lion has altogether failed in the Upstate. They still have stores in Simpsonville, Spartanburg, Greer/Lyman, and possibly Anderson if I am not mistaken. So they have closed underperforming stores and definitely scaled back, but have not altogether failed just yet. The presence of BI-LO and the arrival of Walmart Neighborhood Market may influence Food Lion's future in the Upstate.
Food Lion presently operates 11 stores in Anderson, Cherokee, Greenville, Greenwood, Oconee and Spartanburg counties. They were already present in Cherokee and Greenwood counties when it expanded across the region in 2006. Their future is dependent on the approval and completion of Ahold's acquisition of Delhaize.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or