U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2015, 12:40 PM

19,431 posts, read 17,240,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Who did Albertsonś sell out to in Florida? They used to have a strong presence there.
Albertson's sold 49 stores in Florida to Publix in 2008. It had 93 stores in the state at the time of the sale.

In April 2012, Albertson's closed 13 out of 17 stores in Florida and a distribution center in Plant City, Florida.

Earlier this year, Albertson's #4301, 2170 Gulf to Bay Boulevard, Clearwater, Florida 33765-3918, closed. ("Albertson's #4301, Gulf to Bay Boulevard, Clearwater, Florida.") It was the first Albertson's store in Florida.

Further reading:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2015, 01:00 PM

3,262 posts, read 3,991,525 times
Seems like Albertsonś may eventually completely pull out of Florida, where Publix now dominates. And I wonder if they would sell its Safeway stores in Virginia and Maryland, since most Albertsonś stores are now concentrated on the West coast. Possibly Kroger could acquire those Safeway stores and convert to Harris Teeter.

Old 11-09-2015, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Seems like Albertsonś may eventually completely pull out of Florida, where Publix now dominates. And I wonder if they would sell its Safeway stores in Virginia and Maryland, since most Albertsonś stores are now concentrated on the West coast. Possibly Kroger could acquire those Safeway stores and convert to Harris Teeter.
Albertson's Acme and Shaw divisions in the northeastern United States are complimented by the (Safeway) Eastern Division in the mid-Atlantic United States. The acquisition of A&P stores will strengthen the Acme Division.

Down to three stores in Florida, I will agree Albertson's may not last longer with its banner in Florida with Publix and Walmart dominating. I do not know if Albertson's, like Kroger, would be open to acquiring and operating an existing chain.

Old 11-09-2015, 05:08 PM

1,069 posts, read 1,200,496 times
A Safeway Grocery store would do great in that area also Popeyes would do great here In Greenville also at the Old Ann's Liners store at CherryDale Point i would like to see a , American Doll store with Free WFI , SKY Ligbts , free mints , nice restrooms , weather center , Frist aid center , free gift warp year around , free candy for kids , free gift bags , kids days on the weekends , then at the old Dots I would like to see a , Hat world then at the old chinnise restaurant I would like to see a , Ray's seafood with free WFI , SKY Lights nice restrooms , free mints , kids eat free on the weekends , weather center , Frist aid center , free candy for kids , on the weekends burch with , Southern fired old fashion butter milk ranch and waffles , crab cakes and eggs with home fires , rays big plate with , Mai Mai any style , eggs , home fries , grits , Polk crops any style , homemade bread any stye , fruit bowel , crab cakes or Devil crab , Bagles and fruit , etc , family nights on Fri nights then at the empty buisling pass CherryDale Point I would like to see a , Jim & Nicks BBQ then there some empty buildings I would like to see the fellow , Sun Trust Bank and a , Famous FootWear then the empty building down the hill same area I would like to see , a CA Pizza Kitchen with free WFI , SKY Ligbts , nice restrooms , nice family restroom , indoor and outdoor seating , free mints , smoke free , free candy for kids , flat screen TVs , weather center , Frist aid center , pics on the wall inside of CA , Greenville Drive , Greenville SC , Braves , Furman , NASCAR , Panthers NFL , Hornets NBA , Facolons NFL , home made milk shakes , nice breaches inside and out , kids eat free on the weekends , then at the old Dixe Restaurant I would like to see it to torn down and put a , Gold Star Chill then across the street at the empty land i would like to see a nice Dollar Mart then at the empty building with the Pespi sign I would like to see it torn down and put a , East Bay Deil then there is a empty building after that I would like to see it torn down and put a Firehouse Subs , also on Ponisett highway i would like see the fellowing , Gerg Norman golf shop , Tim Hortons , White Castle , Pannada Express , A ENT DOC , Paul's Hotdogs , Noddle and Company , Waves Clother store , then at the old Ingles area I would like to see a , Food City with free WFI , SKY Ligbts , free mints , weather center , SC Local cafe , TD Bank , Spill the Beans , Frist aid center , nice restrooms ,nice family restroom , nice breaches inside and out then at the empty land next to Lowes On Ponisett highway at the empty land I would like to see a , Roy's Subs with free WFI , sky lights , nice restrooms , weather center , Frist aid center , free mints , free candy for kids , old fashion waffle cone bar , free coffee on the weekends , Furman day's on the weekends then at the empty building next to Publix I would see a , Family Christian book store , then on the side there is empty building at the empty building I would like see a , Okaley SunGlass Oulet then at the empty land next to GT Express at the empty land I would like see a , Guss's Chicken then the empty land next to Home Deport I would like see a , Taco Express then there is empty land near the Huddle House at the empty land I would like to see a , Berry's Shoe store , then the empty land pass the old Kevin W car lot at the empty land I would like to see Shops at PleasntBurg Greenville with a , Fresh Market with free WFI , SKY lights , weather center , Frist aid center , free mints , free candy for kids , nice breaches inside and out other stores at the shops , Mary's cafe , Don's Shoe store , American Eagle Oulet , Furman Golf Shop , Larry's County dinner , Pats Subs , Ken's Bikes and SKI shop , Dinsey Store , G Shock Watch Oulet , Clavin Klian Store , Joe Fresh Oulet , Plto's Cloest , Macs Pizza , Rock Revival Jeans store , Sprint Phone Store , Joes Hair Salon , Nicks Bagles Shop , Greenville Drive/Boston Redsox's gift shop , MD 360 , Eye Mart Express , Express Oulet , Faclons Gift Shop NFL , Candy world , Dry Cleans , Cook Station , Peguin Clother store , Wafford Football gift shop , Local Taco , then at the end a In and Out Burgar then the empty building across from the Greenville Animal Shelter at tbe empty buidling I would like see a Bob Evans , then the empty land on Furman Hall RD I would like to see a TD Bank also I would like to see all of Poinsett Highway clean up , new tress , flowers and Greenspace rd's fix , homes fix up,

Old 11-10-2015, 02:41 PM

I would definitely like to see a Gold Star Chili or Skyline Chili in this area.

Old 11-10-2015, 05:49 PM

Booth would do good here In Greenville SC

Old 11-11-2015, 05:42 PM

Also the empty building on Lauren's RD before you get to Dales at the empty buidling I would like see it torn down and put a Korgers with the empty land to use it all with Free WFI , SKY lights , nice restrooms , free mints , weather center , Frist aid center , SC local cafe , coffee and more , free candy for kids , BBQ bar with all the fixes , nice breaches inside and out , free coffee on the weekends , Suntust Bank, kids days in the weekends , then the empty land across the street i would like to see a , Kickhen Chicken , then there is empty buidling as well across the street same at the empty buidling I would like to see a , M&M Candy shop then the empty buidling and land's up street , I would like see the empty buidling torn down and use the other 2 lands for , Shops at Lauren's Greenville with a , American Doll store , DOC Martin Shoe store , Nike Flag Ship Store , Petco , Crossways Christian book store , Burt Bess store , SAM's shoe store , Sperry Shoe Oulet , T Mobile store , Boost Mobile store , Paul's Pizza Shop , Moon Pie Store , Bob's ice cream shop , Hugo Boss Oulet ,Great Clips , Sports Clips , Clavin Klian Store , Dinsey store , Habbits Sports , John's BQQ , Austin Boot store ,Potty Barn Oulet , Timex watch store , Larry's Giant Subs shop , MR Coffee Store , East Bay Deil , See Candy store , Rusell candy store , Black and Decker store , BB's Cafe , Ace Hardwear , Barves Retro Gift Shop , PGA Golf Shop , Yannkle Candle store , Born Shoe Oulet , American Rag Oulet , All State , HP Store , New Era Store , Jack's Burgars and Tacos , Ken's Subs , Dirt Devil Oulet , a Nice Dollar Mart , Jelly Belly store , Hannger Clother store , 7 Jeans Store , Frist watch cafe , Blocks Bagles , Stalpes , MD 360 , ACE Pizza , then at the empty building next to LA Hot wings , at the empty buidlng I would like see a , Black Magic cafe then at the Army Buidling I would like see a , Bob Evans then at the , old Feed and store I would like to see a , Taco Hut ,

Old 11-12-2015, 08:52 AM

It would be nice to have a Kroger in Greenville. Now a division of Kroger, Harris Teeter can be utilized in trade areas in and outside the Greenville County market.

Kroger recently entered into a definite merger agreement to acquire Roundy's, which operates in Illinois and Wisconsin. I wonder if Kroger has room for other acquisitions and if a present participant would be an acquisition target.

Old 11-12-2015, 12:47 PM

Korgers would do great here In Greenville SC

Old 11-12-2015, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
It would be nice to have a Kroger in Greenville. Now a division of Kroger, Harris Teeter can be utilized in trade areas in and outside the Greenville County market.

Kroger recently entered into a definite merger agreement to acquire Roundy's, which operates in Illinois and Wisconsin. I wonder if Kroger has room for other acquisitions and if a present participant would be an acquisition target.
Are there any markets with both the Kroger and Harris Teeter brands coexisting? I am thinking possibly Raleigh-Durham, or maybe Charleston or Columbia? And I would like to see one of those new Kroger supercenters come to the Upstate, as they are currently under construction near Columbia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or