Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2014, 01:24 PM

28 posts, read 35,661 times

Advertisements

My wife, two cats and I are planning on a move to the Greenville area. We were up looking at houses a couple weeks ago and have a realtor looking for us. Ideally, we want an all brick house, 2300-3000 sq. ft. on a fairly large lot 1/2 acre or so and in an established neighborhood with lots of trees. Oh yeah and for under $250k. We'd also like to be with in a 10-20 minute drive of both the mall area and downtown Greenville. Other than that, we're not too particular. Does that sound at all possible?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2014, 01:43 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,051,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crobb65 View Post
My wife, two cats and I are planning on a move to the Greenville area. We were up looking at houses a couple weeks ago and have a realtor looking for us. Ideally, we want an all brick house, 2300-3000 sq. ft. on a fairly large lot 1/2 acre or so and in an established neighborhood with lots of trees. Oh yeah and for under $250k. We'd also like to be with in a 10-20 minute drive of both the mall area and downtown Greenville. Other than that, we're not too particular. Does that sound at all possible?

Welcome! We just did the same move a little over a year ago. Your price range will allow for what you want for sure. What type of area are you looking for? Rural, stores, etc? What about work? You might want to limit your area to be a certain distance.

Old 09-23-2014, 02:21 PM

As far as area, our realtor showed us a couple areas we liked. One was in the Pebble Creek Country Club area in Taylors and the other was on Burning Bush Lane in Greenville. Both were really nice neighborhoods and close enough to both downtown Greenville and the mall, Whole Foods ,etc. We both work from home so we aren't limited by distance from a job.

Old 09-23-2014, 02:34 PM

148 posts, read 222,035 times
Pebble Creek area is my favorite! You should check out Half Mile Lake as well. It is 2 miles down the road from Pebble Creek. I heard there was a house on the lake that just went up for sale and that rarely ever happens! But it isn't all brick. There is a new listing in that neighborhood that is all brick though.

426 Beckenham Lane
Greenville SC

Old 09-23-2014, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenvilleCityGirl View Post
Pebble Creek area is my favorite! You should check out Half Mile Lake as well. It is 2 miles down the road from Pebble Creek. I heard there was a house on the lake that just went up for sale and that rarely ever happens! But it isn't all brick. There is a new listing in that neighborhood that is all brick though.

426 Beckenham Lane
Greenville SC

Yeah, Pebble Creek seems like a nice area. I hadn't heard about Half Mile Lake.Thanks, we'll check it out.

Old 09-23-2014, 10:40 PM

46 posts, read 75,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crobb65 View Post

We are also planning a move from FL to Greenville and are looking for much the same type of home as you in the same price range. I'll be interested to know how you get on with your house search, so please keep us updated and good luck

Quick question ... What is the best website to use for searching for real estate. We've been using Trulia, is this the most up to date does anyone know?

Old 09-24-2014, 05:40 AM

2,442 posts, read 2,867,800 times
Trulia and Zillow do not always have accurate information. The best source would be a realty website that has a direct feed from the MLS, or realtor.com.

We seem to have a lot of people moving here from FL; can't say that I blame them a bit!

Old 09-24-2014, 08:24 AM

2,781 posts, read 3,289,409 times
The Greater Greenville MLS is probably one of the better sources in the area: http://www.ggar.com/

I like the interface for Zillow but it can sometimes be behind on listing information by quite a bit.

Old 09-24-2014, 08:49 AM

896 posts, read 1,139,183 times
If you are working with a realtor they can subscribe you to something called Client Connect. This is attached to MLS.

Old 09-24-2014, 09:14 AM

2,442 posts, read 2,867,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lv2trvl View Post
If you are working with a realtor they can subscribe you to something called Client Connect. This is attached to MLS.
Good suggestion; these sites are direct MLS feeds so are updated constantly. Most have an option to sign up and get daily updates, as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area