U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2014, 10:21 AM

2 posts, read 1,869 times

Advertisements

Hi All and Happy Friday!

I am looking to open a fitness / dance style business this year in the Spartanburg / Greenville area but need your help on exact location. I would like to open up in an area that best suites the public needs as that is what the business will be for. This will consist of 3 amazing types of fitness areas that ladies, and even some men would love to attend! Does anyone know of areas that are popular for this type stuff?

Thanks in advance for your feedback!
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2014, 11:35 AM

667 posts, read 845,870 times
All the best to you in your new venture. I hope you get some very good feedback in this forum. In addition, if you have not already done so, you should contact the local Small Business Administration (SBA) office. The SCORE (Service Corps of Retired Executives) program can help you research locations, can help you put together a business plan and can provide other services to help get your enterprise off the ground - and its all free. The SCORE volunteers come from all sectors if business and have broad business experience. It's a great program!

Old 06-10-2014, 06:49 AM

2 posts, read 1,869 times
That sounds great! Thank you!!

Old 06-10-2014, 09:31 AM

11,490 posts, read 25,729,406 times
I've seen people asking for more gyms in Greer. I think I would take a look at the availability of gyms in certain areas and where they can use one.

Good luck!

Old 06-12-2014, 08:58 PM

3 posts, read 4,349 times
Default Five Forks!

The Five Forks area, in my opinion, needs a workout place that fits a tight budget and ideally offers Zumba in the mornings, as most gyms or churches only offer the Zumba dance class when my family has after school/work activities. Best wishes for a successful new venture!

Old 06-13-2014, 06:19 AM

110 posts, read 396,297 times
I would avoid Spartanburg because it is saturated right now. Planet Fitness and Golds are both on the east side of Spartanburg and offer $10 a month memberships (which is hard to beat). That has made it rough on the smaller fitness places and one went out of business (Curves). In addition to the big places, there are at least 5 other fitness places on the east side of Spartanburg.

Old 06-13-2014, 01:28 PM

68 posts, read 92,051 times
Another "fitness desert" is the north side of Greenville, around Cherrydale. There was an Anytime Fitness there that moved downtown. The only place there is Rush, but it's lacking a smaller, local place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or