U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2014, 02:14 PM

1,699 posts, read 1,639,280 times

Advertisements

Okay, I'm even more disappointed now! The market in the Whole Foods parking lot only had one vendor with a few unappealing veggies, one bread vendor, one selling dog treats, one earrings, and a couple more of absolutely no interest to me. I went into Whole Foods and bought some organic kale.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2014, 02:32 PM

2,049 posts, read 1,832,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedBeth View Post
Okay, I'm even more disappointed now! The market in the Whole Foods parking lot only had one vendor with a few unappealing veggies, one bread vendor, one selling dog treats, one earrings, and a couple more of absolutely no interest to me. I went into Whole Foods and bought some organic kale.
There are quite a few small roadside produce stands in the area.

There is a small farmer's market in Easley but it's Saturday mornings and hard for us to get to before it closes. They also have a sale on Tuesday evenings starting June 3rd but I've never been in the evening to see what they have.

If we want local vegetables, we usually just go to one of the local vegetable stands.

We have also considered buy a share from a CSA farm: CSA Season Info | Greenbrier Farms

Old 05-27-2014, 02:33 PM

Location: near downtown Greenville, SC (viewing the sunset vicariously at the North Gulf Shore Beach Access)
1,838 posts, read 3,527,792 times
BRB, if you cannot make it to Greenville's Saturday market (or to TR's farmer's market), I recommend you join one of the local coop's or CSA's:

Upstate Food Coop
The Noisy Rabbit
Upstate Locally Grown Market
Greenbrier CSA

Old 05-27-2014, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drfranklin View Post
BRB, if you cannot make it to Greenville's Saturday market (or to TR's farmer's market), I recommend you join one of the local coop's or CSA's:

Upstate Food Coop
The Noisy Rabbit
Upstate Locally Grown Market
Greenbrier CSA
Good idea, drfranklin; I'll look into that!

Old 05-27-2014, 02:46 PM

Thanks, everyone. i found the website with farm stands; a few are not too far away. We may vsist the one in Simpsonville and see the buffalo as well!

Old 05-27-2014, 03:22 PM

3,443 posts, read 5,338,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedBeth View Post
Wow ... we have only been to it one time, but it had quite a bit more than that ...

Old 05-27-2014, 07:01 PM

11,467 posts, read 25,695,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolstuckinNC View Post
There are quite a few small roadside produce stands in the area.

There is a small farmer's market in Easley but it's Saturday mornings and hard for us to get to before it closes. They also have a sale on Tuesday evenings starting June 3rd but I've never been in the evening to see what they have.

If we want local vegetables, we usually just go to one of the local vegetable stands.

We have also considered buy a share from a CSA farm: CSA Season Info | Greenbrier Farms
I was going to mention the roadside markets as well. I know when we drive up to Asheville, we see them. They are along 25.

Old 06-07-2014, 03:09 PM

No one mentioned the Tomatoe Vine; went there today and got my fresh vegetable fix! It's definitely a hole in the wall but the prices were great!

Old 07-26-2014, 10:55 AM

Location: near downtown Greenville, SC (viewing the sunset vicariously at the North Gulf Shore Beach Access)
1,838 posts, read 3,527,792 times
I went to Greenville's Saturday Market this morning at 10:30am - I could not believe the amount of people there - extremely crowded and some of my favorite vendors were already out of certain produce - I need to get there earlier.

BTW, if you go when it's raining (I did last weekend), prices are better, much less crowded, and it's cooler!

Price examples today:

Local, heirloom tomatoes ~ $3.25/pound
Organic, local blueberries $3/pint
local peaches, 1/2 gallon $5

Last edited by drfranklin; 07-26-2014 at 11:15 AM..

Old 07-26-2014, 12:25 PM

141 posts, read 185,839 times
OP, when I lived here before (a decade-plus ago), I lived really close by to the Tomato Vine. Great selection and prices! Glad to hear it is still good

We have a place sort of like that here in Mauldin (right by the Mauldin high school), but when I went in there early last fall I was so grossed out. It had lots of ancient canned goods sort of atrophying on the shelves. Tons of flies buzzing around everywhere. It felt pretty nasty in there. I didn't buy anything and haven't had the heart to go back since...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or