Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2014, 12:19 PM

1 posts, read 4,316 times

Advertisements

My family is moving to Simpsonville next week. I've reviewed the town website with available companies for various utilities and services.

Can anyone provide me with some suggestions on which providers are preferred in the area? Also, my residence will be outside the city limits so trash pickup is private so I could use suggestions for trash as well.

Electricity - Duke Power or Laurens Electric?
Water - Greenville Water or Renewable water?
Sewer - City of Simpsonville or Metropolitan Sewer?
Cable - Charter, Direct or Dish. I currrently have Charter for cable and internet. Experiences with satellite?
Internet - At&t or Charter?
Trash - Not listed on website
Natural Gas - Looks like Piedmont is the only provider.

Thank you so much!

Any other suggestions I may have missed are appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2014, 01:15 PM

39 posts, read 117,749 times
Default Here is what is available in Simpsonville(not the town)

Hi
We went through same thing when we moved, we are outside actual Simpsonville City limits in Holly Tree area off RT14 and Adams Mill (just to establish a location) so what we had as services may not apply if in city limits
Since city services offered by town of Simpsonville or location of your home may determine what is available here is what this section of G'nvle county offers:
- Electric: Laurens Electric
-Water: Greenville Water (also called ReNu Water I think ?)
-Sewer- added as a separate charge to our monthly water bill so probably would be "metropolitian"?
-Cable: Charter (we bundle also phone/cable/internet)
Trash-we have private service, there are numerous ones in our neighborhood: O'Neal/ Waste Mgmt/Wate Industries/ Kirbys / Kellett each with a plan for trash and recycles. We have O' Neal(1 x a week pickup for both trah and recycles costs 75.00 a QTR)
Natural Gas- cannot help you there as we electic across the baord

Just to give you a flavor of some costs in our part of the neighborhood:
2 story colonial (34 years old), new roof and insulation. New HVAC and ducts. 3000SQ/ 4 BDR and 3 fULL BATHS with 2 HVAC systems. approx .80 acre of lawn
Electric: budget of approx 165.00 month
Water/ Sewe- 64.00 month
Trash: 75.00 Qtr
Charter Bundle: 220.00 month( internet 56.99/ Phone 69.00/cable is balance(we have TV on alot for an elderly parent)

Couple of other costs
- qrtly pest control with Piedmont Pest(highly recommended) is 77.00/QTR for unlimited use. A GOOD pest control person is a must
-Lawn care service is 40.00 per cut with Kellett Lawn care(also highly recommended)

Let me know if you have any other questions..... welcome to the area

Old 06-10-2014, 01:51 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,517,506 times
The location of your home is likely to determine who you receive services from. Just because the city website lists all those doesn't mean each one serves every home in Simpsonville.

If you have an address you can call Duke and Laurens Electric to see who service originates through.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area