U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2014, 07:23 PM

11,467 posts, read 25,695,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
NewSpring Church has not had a permanent Greenville campus. It presently meets at the temporary location at TD Convention Center, 1 Exposition Drive, Greenville, SC 29607-2640. Before that, it leased the former Harris Teeter #260/Bi-Lo #460 at 401 Roper Mountain Road, Greenville, SC 29615-4230. I do not know its plans for a permanent Greenville Campus.

NewSpring Church should begin construction of its permanent Greer Campus in the future.

I do not know if NewSpring Church intends to reach believers through additional campuses in Greenville County.
Where will it be located in Greer and will the Greenville site close once completed?
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2014, 08:30 PM

19,380 posts, read 17,088,641 times
Default NewSpring Church Greer Campus

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyricamphibian View Post
Don't read anything into that. The street named "New Hilton Road" is merely a redirection of the existing right of way, which is already named Hilton Rd. and has been for quite some time. There is an application in asking the city to abandon the part of it that currently lies across part of the footprint of the proposed new building and parking lot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
Where will it be located in Greer and will the Greenville site close once completed?
NewSpring Church's Greer Campus will be the site Bi-Lo sold on South Buncombe Road at Hammett Bridge Road and South Highway 14.

I doubt the Greenville Campus congregation will dissolve. I have not attended a service at this campus, so I cannot inform you how many are attending regularly. It is big enough it has six services every Sunday. The Greer Campus will alleviate some congestion, but believers from other parts of Greenville County will continue to come in great numbers.

Old 06-26-2014, 02:58 PM

10,062 posts, read 19,932,567 times
You all might want to look at the TBA at the bottom of page 4: ISSUU - June 27, 2014 UBJ by CJ Designs

Old 06-26-2014, 07:11 PM

180 posts, read 280,576 times
I think i see "KDS" on the site plan, would that mean KDS Properties is managing the property? If i were to guess, it could be either an office building, hotel,apartments, or maybe even a convention center?

Old 06-26-2014, 07:56 PM

10,062 posts, read 19,932,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillymiller123 View Post
I think i see "KDS" on the site plan, would that mean KDS Properties is managing the property? If i were to guess, it could be either an office building, hotel,apartments, or maybe even a convention center?
I believe so. KDS is in charge of leasing other parts of Verdae so it would make sense. The city says it's going to be office-medical according to the road abandonment on file for this site.

Old 06-27-2014, 06:50 AM

1,699 posts, read 1,639,280 times
More medical?? Let's see, we have IMA down the road, pediatrics and pediatric dentist coming soon, and an orthodontist. Further up, across from BIlo, is another medical building. I'm ready for something different! Not to mention that within two miles there are several other practices. Yes, it's convenient, but I would love to see some different types of businesses here.

Old 06-27-2014, 09:52 AM

2,188 posts, read 2,728,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedBeth View Post
More medical?? Let's see, we have IMA down the road, pediatrics and pediatric dentist coming soon, and an orthodontist. Further up, across from BIlo, is another medical building. I'm ready for something different! Not to mention that within two miles there are several other practices. Yes, it's convenient, but I would love to see some different types of businesses here.
The baby boomer generation is aging. More demand for medical and long term care facilities.

Old 06-27-2014, 09:59 AM

1,699 posts, read 1,639,280 times
Well that's me, but we have so much here already. We also like a good diner, and/or a coffee shop, preferably within walking distance. Hopefully Legacy Square will have some of those types of businesses.

Old 06-27-2014, 06:45 PM

1,115 posts, read 1,182,760 times
Popeye's chicken would be good there at Verdae. Also, White Castle would be good.

Old 07-03-2014, 02:14 AM

105 posts, read 75,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
What's sad about a church? They pray for the weak and sick and clothe and feed the downtrodden.
NewSpring spends $250k on lighting systems. Chain megachurches eliminate the personal level of church, and build a cult-like status, which NewSpring already has and is getting a bit ridiculous.

Greenville needs more Class A office space.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area