Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 09:07 PM

3 posts, read 3,208 times

Advertisements

[SIZE=3]
I have live in greenwood SC all my life and I always beenthinking. how to make my city better? I’m even in college taking up business so Ican put a practical business here in town. One thing I would want here is andinterstate it would help my future business and other businesses a lot. I even thought of someroute that could be fast essay to build. I just what to see what other peoplethink about this matter . Also to see if it can actually happen. The route I was thinking of theone some wrote on I-61 good I idea but I don’t think it would be much traffic goingfrom Anderson to August but from Greenville to august will be use heavily.Another route I have been thinking of is from Atlanta Ga. To Raleigh NC I was thinkingof this route because my sister live in Chattanooga TN. Driving there takefour to five hr. and an interstate to Atlanta would cut a hr. and a half off on mydriving time. I can picture in my head that it is possible. what can we do to make it happen if a group of people can shut down interstate 3 we can make these routes possible

[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2015, 09:24 PM

21,023 posts, read 27,245,104 times
An interstate highway from Greenville to Augusta, Georgia through Greenwood would be nice. I do not see it happening. United States Route 25 is mostly a four lane highway as a boulevard except for Edgefield County and part of its bypass in Greenwood. These improvements should be realized within several years.

An interstate highway from Atlanta, Georgia to Raleigh, North Carolina exists with Interstate 85 which a connection via Interstate 40.

I would like to see an interstate highway from Chattanooga, Tennessee to Interstate 85 in northeast Georgia. Unfortunately, there are entities against any ideas of transportation improvements in the region.

Old 03-07-2015, 06:04 AM

158 posts, read 180,648 times
I honestly couldn't get through your post because everything was run together. I would concentrate on English and the graduate to ideas on how to grow the city.

Old 03-07-2015, 08:41 AM

696 posts, read 1,335,467 times
Greenwood is growing. There is no doubt about that. Several new businesses have opened recently, and more are on the way. Recent relaxations against Sunday alcohol sales also point towards a more open-minded thinking process in the community that could lead to more growth in the restaurant industry. The new park has opened and is expanding. New residential complexes are being built and expanded. Greenwood is not exploding like Greenville, and I for one am grateful for that. I don't think we need an interstate highway to continue growth. I think Greenwood's slow, steady, and controlled growth positions it for continued success.

Old 03-07-2015, 04:02 PM

3 posts, read 3,208 times
I corrected my first thread. it had many errors .so read my new thread to better understand what I am trying to say . If you already wrote your thoughts on the first thread that I wrote. copy and paste your comment on the new thread. if you like thank you

Old 03-07-2015, 05:01 PM

5,672 posts, read 5,879,977 times
I avoid Greenwood like the plague. Rudest bunch of people Ive ever met, no selection of restaurants, been robbed at gunpoint not once, but twice, had my car stolen, and assaulted by the thugs that roam the streets. Want to make it better, MOVE! Just my opinion of Greenwood!

Old 03-07-2015, 05:30 PM

158 posts, read 180,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jswerve View Post
I honestly couldn't get through your post because everything was run together. I would concentrate on English and the graduate to ideas on how to grow the city.

Jesus never mind, it appears I cannot spell correctly myself LOL!

Old 03-07-2015, 07:34 PM

5,491 posts, read 8,321,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
I avoid Greenwood like the plague. Rudest bunch of people Ive ever met, no selection of restaurants, been robbed at gunpoint not once, but twice, had my car stolen, and assaulted by the thugs that roam the streets. Want to make it better, MOVE! Just my opinion of Greenwood!
Really? I lived there most my life and never had an issue. There is crime, but it's usually confined to those they know one another. I can't recall any random crime. What part were you in?

Old 03-07-2015, 07:57 PM

5,672 posts, read 5,879,977 times
Robbed one time in the parking lot of the hospital, second one was at Shoneys in the parking lot. Not sure of the name of the apartment complex, but was with a buddy of mine on a repo a few years ago. We had not found the car, stopped to ask someone where "so and so" was and both of us were pulled out of the wrecker, and beaten black and blue. My buddy has 2 scars over his right eye from it. Our car was stolen out of the Ryans, or Quincys, or whatever it was parking lot. My son goes to PTC, and has been in different parts of town for lunch or whatever, and has seen people poking around his truck and has ran them off. In fact, theres a big scratch on his hood from one of the local thugs who got mad at him for yelling at him. I know all cities have problem areas, and Im not picking on Greenwood, well maybe I am some, but I have no reason to go down there any longer, so I will avoid it completely. Oh, almost forgot, my Dad had a bar outside of Greenwood that was robbed one night, the police caught the guys in town.

Old 03-07-2015, 08:52 PM

5,491 posts, read 8,321,975 times
Sorry all of this happened to you. Guess I've been lucky. Never felt unsafe there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area