U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 11:24 AM

6 posts, read 9,879 times

Advertisements

Good Afternoon,

We are moving to Simpsonville from Michigan - we just got an offer on our Michigan house and we already have a build in progress in Simpsonville off Woodruff road.

I wondered if anyone could refer me to any housing that may be furnished in that general area? My daughter will go to Rudolph G Gordon, so I would like something within a reasonable driving distance to that school while we are waiting for our house to be built - which may be several months.

Also, is there a list of in-home daycare offerings in that area? I know the big business daycares, but I am also wanting to compare some in-home daycare centers. My other daughter currently attends an in-home daycare that does a pre-school. I plan on checking out both big centers and in-home centers.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2014, 12:14 PM

5,489 posts, read 6,213,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mw072979 View Post
Good Afternoon,

We are moving to Simpsonville from Michigan - we just got an offer on our Michigan house and we already have a build in progress in Simpsonville off Woodruff road.

I wondered if anyone could refer me to any housing that may be furnished in that general area? My daughter will go to Rudolph G Gordon, so I would like something within a reasonable driving distance to that school while we are waiting for our house to be built - which may be several months.

Also, is there a list of in-home daycare offerings in that area? I know the big business daycares, but I am also wanting to compare some in-home daycare centers. My other daughter currently attends an in-home daycare that does a pre-school. I plan on checking out both big centers and in-home centers.

Thanks in advance!
Depending on your builder, houses are going up pretty fast right now due to the good weather we have been having, so you may only need a place for a month or two at the most.

This is not too far from where you will be living, but Woodruff Road drive to school will be a bit frustrating:

Waterside Greene Corporate, Furnished and Extended Stay Apartments from ExecuStay: Official Site

Old 07-01-2014, 12:16 PM

692 posts, read 1,062,650 times
Try this website for a child care overview. SC Child Care Services | Happy. Healthy. Safe.

You'll need to know your future zip code. South Carolina Zip Code Boundary Map (SC)

Welcome, BTW. I lived in Michigan for several years, and right now, with the heat starting to build, I'm kinda missing it.

Old 07-01-2014, 12:52 PM

I'm sure I will miss some aspects of Michigan, but it was a rough winter (I know it was rough for everyone around the country). I'm looking forward to something new. Thank you both for the suggestions!

Old 07-01-2014, 07:14 PM

116 posts, read 236,730 times
If you don't mind driving the child to school, if permissible, look at the Verdae townhouses on Verdae blvd. not that far away, but you can rent furnished month by month.

Old 07-01-2014, 08:18 PM

1,699 posts, read 1,639,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FisherOne View Post
If you don't mind driving the child to school, if permissible, look at the Verdae townhouses on Verdae blvd. not that far away, but you can rent furnished month by month.
I live near there and I think that would be much too much of a drive; something closer to Simpsonville makes more sense.

Old 07-02-2014, 10:20 AM

It looks like both places are a decent drive to the school. Hmmm - probably nothing like that right in Simpsonville?

Old 07-02-2014, 10:41 AM

5,489 posts, read 6,213,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mw072979 View Post
It looks like both places are a decent drive to the school. Hmmm - probably nothing like that right in Simpsonville?
Simpsonville is spread out quite a bit. Oak Pointe is nice, near shopping and downtown Simpsonville, plus the drive won't be as bad as the one on Woodruff Road.

Furnished Apartments in Simpsonville SC: Oak Pointe Apartments | Select Corporate Housing

Old 03-08-2015, 03:52 PM

1 posts, read 1,594 times
Default simpsonville

We are looking at Simpsonville to move to, we are currently in Western NY but originally from michigan. Wondering how you or anyone likes it there in Simpsonville now that you have been there a while. Any suggestions - locations around Greenville? thanks

Old 03-08-2015, 05:14 PM

143 posts, read 156,333 times
Welcome to my home town. I think you will find a cross reference of many type people here. I always ask new comers how they like our area and have never heard anyone say they were going back from whence they came.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area