U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2014, 07:45 PM

11,467 posts, read 25,689,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
I've heard that an "adult" (not that kind of adult), upscale bowling alley is going into the old Handlebar location.

Just a rumor though.
Where did you hear that? I guess that's not a bad location.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2014, 08:52 PM

10,062 posts, read 19,929,206 times
According to the mayor, you will never see a real movie theater come downtown just as long as the Camelot remains open. No IMAX could be included either due to Simpsonville's.

Old 07-06-2014, 09:14 AM

148 posts, read 166,271 times
In my old Brooklyn, NY neighborhood, they recently opened a shuffleboard club: Royal Palms Shuffleboard Club. They have a bar so it is aimed at the 21+ crowd. No food service, but they have arrangements with the local food trucks who park in their lot. It's sort of a take off on the ping pong clubs that opened in NYC a few years ago. They even have a shuffleboard league.

For all ages, what about some outdoor ping pong tables or shuffleboard courts near Falls Park? Not sure how you would keep track of the ping pong balls and rackets though - maybe a little tent where you check them out....

Old 07-06-2014, 09:19 AM

183 posts, read 240,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA_Bo View Post
In my old Brooklyn, NY neighborhood, they recently opened a shuffleboard club: Royal Palms Shuffleboard Club. They have a bar so it is aimed at the 21+ crowd. No food service, but they have arrangements with the local food trucks who park in their lot. It's sort of a take off on the ping pong clubs that opened in NYC a few years ago. They even have a shuffleboard league.

For all ages, what about some outdoor ping pong tables or shuffleboard courts near Falls Park? Not sure how you would keep track of the ping pong balls and rackets though - maybe a little tent where you check them out....
This is a great idea! We need more interactive instead of passive entertainment options that are unique and creative. Stuff you won't find in other places.

Old 07-07-2014, 07:53 AM

8 posts, read 9,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
Where did you hear that? I guess that's not a bad location.
I heard this as well. Could be cool with the new Universal Joint next store.

Old 07-07-2014, 01:35 PM

3,447 posts, read 5,584,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
According to the mayor, you will never see a real movie theater come downtown just as long as the Camelot remains open. No IMAX could be included either due to Simpsonville's.
That's a shame bc DT Greenville could most likely support a 12 screen megaplex type theater. It did wonders for downtown Orlando which needed something other than restaurants, bars, and clubs for people to partake in on the regular.

I mean museums and such are nice, but even the best ones don't provide enough change in entertainment that a movie theater does, especially for the DT residents.

Old 07-07-2014, 03:01 PM

11,467 posts, read 25,689,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlFlaUsa View Post
That's a shame bc DT Greenville could most likely support a 12 screen megaplex type theater. It did wonders for downtown Orlando which needed something other than restaurants, bars, and clubs for people to partake in on the regular.

I mean museums and such are nice, but even the best ones don't provide enough change in entertainment that a movie theater does, especially for the DT residents.
I agree and it's what I was thinking of.

Old 07-09-2014, 11:22 AM

183 posts, read 240,786 times
Why would the city be protecting certain businesses? Isn't that kind of anti-competitive?

Old 07-17-2014, 10:54 AM

9 posts, read 8,435 times
I would love to see Cinebarre open a location in Greenville. I've been to the one in Asheville, and I really liked it. For those that haven't heard of it, Cinebarre is a movie theatre that also offers a full-service menu, including beer and wine. The food at their Asheville location was good when I've had it in the past...burgers, pizza, etc., but a step up from the food you usually get at the movies. Also, the cool thing is that you can order the food while watching the movie without having to leave your seat (thus, not having to miss any of the movie), and they will bring the food to you.

They were discussing the idea of expanding to Greenville a few years back, but I'm not sure if those plans fell through.

Moderator cut: link removed, please wait with posting links and/or recommendations

Last edited by Yac; 07-18-2014 at 03:57 AM..

Old 07-17-2014, 11:27 AM

43 posts, read 52,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA_Bo View Post
What a cool idea! Their Instagram page has a lot of fun photos. I could definitely see something similar do well downtown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area