U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 12:59 PM

23 posts, read 34,358 times

Advertisements

The record for all of Greenville County, and I believe the state, is -19 on Ceasars Head - but that is at an elevation well above the city of Greenville.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2014, 01:32 PM

83 posts, read 111,252 times
Not bad at all.....y'all could sell a ketchup Popsicle to a man in white gloves. Now can I order a soda or pop? Or does it have to be a coke?

Old 07-14-2014, 01:33 PM

3,444 posts, read 5,343,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam18629 View Post
so who can describe to me what the winters are like especially the winter is at its worst. I would a specially appreciate someone's opinion who comes from similar weather background as Ohio.I am hoping for a weather in the winter situation to be something where i can comfortably be outside without wearing lots of layers. Again everybody has been more than helpful thank you.
You might check out the Weather Underground history for the last couple of winters.

This was the worst since we've been here and there were only a few days where the temperature stayed below freezing during the day, and a total of 5 days of snow in the area.

This is for Nov - Feb this year (you can change the dates at the top).

Weather History for Greenville Downtown, SC | Weather Underground

Old 07-14-2014, 01:35 PM

23 posts, read 34,358 times
Quote:
Not bad at all.....y'all could sell a ketchup Popsicle to a man in white gloves. Now can I order a soda or pop? Or does it have to be a coke?
LOL, the Coke thing.....I personally don't know anyone who calls all sodas "coke" but whatever. Besides, I prefer Dr.Pepper!

Old 07-14-2014, 02:21 PM

Location: near downtown Greenville, SC (viewing the sunset vicariously at the North Gulf Shore Beach Access)
1,838 posts, read 3,531,729 times
Quote:
Now can I order a soda or pop? Or does it have to be a coke?
LOL I'm an Alabama native - everyone there calls any flavor of soda/pop "Coke" - I then move to the Carolinas and everyone here says "soda".

Old 07-14-2014, 02:37 PM

3,444 posts, read 5,343,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfranklin View Post
LOL I'm an Alabama native - everyone there calls any flavor of soda/pop "Coke" - I then move to the Carolinas and everyone here says "soda".
Growing up in OK everyone used Coke to refer to soda/pop as well. ... I only did that as a kid, and then one time they gave me a Coke instead of asking what flavor I wanted. I never did that again.

Old 07-14-2014, 05:04 PM

11,484 posts, read 25,719,413 times
Quote:
so who can describe to me what the winters are like especially the winter is at its worst. I would a specially appreciate someone's opinion who comes from similar weather background as Ohio.I am hoping for a weather in the winter situation to be something where i can comfortably be outside without wearing lots of layers. Again everybody has been more than helpful thank you.
We came from the Poconos in PA and I can tell you the winters are a cake walk compared to up north Last year was an unusually cold winter here from what I was told. Yes we had some cold days but it always warms up in the day. It got down to the upper teens and low 20's here at night and the morning but it warmed up nicely to the 30-40's on the coldest days. Unlike PA, we were lucky to get up to the 20's for days on end. One other thing is that we get plenty of sunshine. Up north, we'd go days without any sunshine. It's not that cold where the wind chill is so low and the wind is blowing so cold that you can barely breathe.

BTW, I still call it a soda

Old 07-14-2014, 07:15 PM

83 posts, read 111,252 times
Wow just read that weather link.. Yes I am officially onboard!

Old 07-14-2014, 07:29 PM

11,484 posts, read 25,719,413 times
Quote:
Welcome!

Old 07-15-2014, 05:06 AM

1,705 posts, read 1,642,707 times
Quote:
Great! Hope you enjoy your visit, and bring lots of sunscreen!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or