U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 07:31 PM

1,810 posts, read 3,607,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Take The Money And Run View Post
I never said anything about volume of the rooms.
I'm rather proud of my analogy. lol Cocky about it, even.
It doesn't matter if you did not say anything about the volumes of the rooms.
I used your analogy in the context of what this thread is about ... why is the crime ranking so high in Greenville. And, whether you agree or not, my analogy is closer to being accurate than yours, and you still cannot grasp it.
It does not matter if you are proud of your analogy. It is not accurate in the context of this thread.
Again, please let me know what room you want to be in, the Greenville refrigerator sized room with 8 killer bees or the NYC three large states sized room with 600 killer bees?
All we are doing is substituting volume for population here.
Light bulb flicker?

Old 08-06-2014, 02:59 AM

1,810 posts, read 3,607,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Take The Money And Run View Post
Seems like if crime was a big problem here, people would be talking about it all the time on this forum ..
Once again, you are wrong. Using the search function, using the keyword 'crime', there have been over 30 threads in the last few years asking about crime in Greenville.

Quote:
We basically just talk about how every other city's downtown sucks in comparison to ours
If that was the case then it would show up in the search function. The regular posters on here do not put down other cities in order to make their city look good. That is called addition by subtraction, and is typically only used by those who cannot see the forest through the trees.
Quote:
I wonder what the murder rates in NYC and Greenville are if you look at it per employer
It would show that there is a better chance of getting murdered in Greenville than NYC.
Quote:
Or per elementary school.
Greenville once again.
Quote:
Or per 1000 grocery stores
Greenville, hands down.
Quote:
The people always talking about crime in Greenville are people that don't live here.
This site is designed as a relocation aid to people thinking about moving. They ask questions to kick start their relocation efforts. These state by state forums are not designed as social networking sites. Of course people visiting this site from other places are going to ask about crime. And the schools. And the home prices in the area. The traffic. It is what smart people would do to start their search, ask the locals. The regular posters on here, like the Realtors(trademark), do not want to dwell on anything that might paint the city in a negative light, like crime or poor school ratings. They say things like 'even though I live inside the city limits, I feel safe' and 'I have never had any issues with crime'. And I believe they are being honest. But when you see that the area of Greenville city limits is all of 26 square miles, it does not take a mechanical engineer to figure out that within just a few miles of where ANYONE who lives inside the city limits lives there is a substantial amount of crime is taking place. More than the average, based on the rankings. It is a fact that most are not willing to admit. And not just on on this sub-forum.
And then there are those posters that do not get it. Will not ever get it. And just post stuff that cannot be backed up in any way, shape or form. That are continually getting their self banned and keep coming back under a different name. Until, finally, their IP address is banned.

Old 08-06-2014, 04:46 AM
Yac

5,923 posts, read 6,530,630 times
I'm closing this thread since a certain silly troll keeps coming backk, bumping it up and making all of you angry.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area