U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2014, 05:59 PM

11,816 posts, read 26,795,357 times

Advertisements

Much, much better! The decluttered area where the dog cages were makes it so much more appealing. I like the table in the breakfast nook/dinning area. You can now envision what it should look like. The pictures can be a little more brighter but look so much better.

Keep up the good work! It really is making you house look that much better.

Don't forget to get everything off the fridge and take the name/letters down in the baby's room.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2014, 08:44 AM

54 posts, read 44,171 times
Thanks everyone. I have been spending all weekend de cluttering an rearranging. Looks so empty to me but I guess because im so used to everything in here. Any suggestions for the master bedroom? We don't have a matching bedroom set...buying that when we move. So im trying to decide what to do to give that room a little more appeal.

Old 08-03-2014, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcfarlin09 View Post
Thanks everyone. I have been spending all weekend de cluttering an rearranging. Looks so empty to me but I guess because im so used to everything in here. Any suggestions for the master bedroom? We don't have a matching bedroom set...buying that when we move. So im trying to decide what to do to give that room a little more appeal.
You can always go on Craigslist to get some inexpensive stuff. Brighten it up with a comforter ,pillows and some curtains to match. Do you have a picture to hang on the wall above the bed?

Old 08-03-2014, 10:07 AM

I dont. Lol maybe I can borrow one from someone or find one cheap. I have been searching craiglist for a ton of things to try to add some flair.

Old 08-03-2014, 01:26 PM

1,885 posts, read 1,843,914 times
You can get pictures cheap at places like Target, Walmart. My first apartment was decorated in early K-mart , and the pictures were actually very nice!

Old 08-03-2014, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedBeth View Post
You can get pictures cheap at places like Target, Walmart. My first apartment was decorated in early K-mart , and the pictures were actually very nice!
A really good place for inexpensive pictures is Ollies off Wade Hampton.

Old 08-04-2014, 05:21 AM

5,800 posts, read 6,574,161 times
I didn't read the thread all the way through...what are your plans when you relocate? Are you planning on building a new home?

Old 08-04-2014, 08:05 AM

2,385 posts, read 2,137,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcfarlin09 View Post
Have you re-painted the green room yet? De-personalizing that room should be high on your list.

As others have mentioned, removing the weight lifting equipment and re-staging that room for a specific purpose (bedroom, office, etc.) should also be a high priority.

The living room looks much improved without the dog kennels.

The angle of the pictures for the dining area also looks much improved.

Consider reviewing pictures with your real estate agent to make sure they only post good pictures.

Old 08-04-2014, 10:55 AM

When we move we are just going to buy one already built.
As for the green room. I havent made it in there uet but the name will be coming down and i have removed a good bit of the toys. However, i am not going to repaint it. If the paint in that one room is my only issue im good lol. Its just not in the budget nor do I have time to do it before the realtor comes Saturday.

Old 08-04-2014, 11:49 AM

It's looking better. I went back to look at the pics. The green is OK, just take the letters off the wall and whatever is on the other wall. I think the master needs to be decluttered and at least a big abstract or contemporary picture added above the bed. I notice you don't have any curtains in the house. I think that's fine in the living areas but the bedrooms should have some, at least the master. You can get cheap curtains ($10-$12/set, rods a $1/ each at Family Dollar, Dollar General or Ollies)Or, look on Craigslist. I bought 2 sets of curtains, practically new for $10. It will brighten the rooms up big time. Keep everything neutral and solid colors. (ex: brown, black, tan, gold, light green) The curtains in the baby's room compliment the room and the color is good.

I was looking at the living room. I might move those end tables to the master bedroom, next to each side of the bed, to make it look more complete. They don't look like they belong in the living room and it opens things up.

Clear all the counters off in the bathroom and get a pic to hang on the wall when you look into the bathroom. Get rid of the red rug. In the other bathroom, put a neutral, solid shower curtain. ($5 at Ollies)

What have you done to the room with the weight set? If you can't pick up a cheap bed on CL to stage it, I'd at least clear all the weight equipment out. You might want to add curtains.

Do you have a patio set or bistro set to put out back on the patio? Something you can put an umbrella in is another option. You can get a set probably for $25 off Craigslist. It will allow people to envision that they can enjoy outback with cookouts.

Do you have a welcome wreath or something to put on the front door? A nice mat at the front door as well. It will give a welcoming feeling.

Keep in mind, you can use things that you have in other rooms to stage. If you pick up pictures, get ones you can use in the new home. You can also find all these things at yard sales.

I know selling a home is a lot of work and very stressful. Just keep in mind these little changes will pay off in the long run. Keep up the good work.

PS: I did the same as you on CD when I was selling my home. Everyone was so helpful and I learned a ton.

Last edited by beckycat; 08-04-2014 at 12:02 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area