U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 11:11 AM

54 posts, read 44,190 times

Advertisements

We are looking to relocate do to my husbands new job. Anyways, we have had our house listed for 3 months now and have only had 1 person come look to only say "the house is really nice but we don't like the layout". Okay, I understand that and that is no problem. What I don't understand is how we can have ANYONE come look. I know maybe 3 month's isn't long enough to get a contract on the house but not to have hardly ANY showings? I just don't understand. This is the mls of our home 1279388. Please take a look at it and see if there is anything that you would suggest maybe being a reason why people will not come look? I know it's not the price of the home because we have houses in our neighborhood just like ours selling for at least 20k more. I appreciate your response. I just really need to figure out what we need to do to get people in and find a buyer. I need to know if maybe they look at pictures and just don't find it worthy of looking in person. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2014, 11:24 AM

505 posts, read 789,800 times
get a different agent/broker. You shouldn't have that much trouble getting prospective buyers.

Old 07-31-2014, 11:46 AM

Location: near downtown Greenville, SC (viewing the sunset vicariously at the North Gulf Shore Beach Access)
1,899 posts, read 3,726,188 times
This thread may need to be moved - however, I will give some bullet points (please forgive me in advance as I want to be honest)
  • your home is a typical cookie-cutter design - nothing stands out - these homes are a dime-a-dozen in the Upstate
  • tiny lot, with no mature trees
  • houses are situated very close together
  • front garage
  • all vinyl siding
  • is the master bedroom upstairs?
  • your kitchen, although built in 2012, looks dated already
  • you need to properly "stage" your house (get rid of clutter/anything personal, neutral paint, re-arrange furniture, etc)
  • large power lines in the backyard
  • patchy lawn in the backyard
  • your assigned public schools are lackluster, at best

I think it may be properly priced but I do see some deficiencies - talk to your realtor!

Old 07-31-2014, 12:35 PM

Master is upstairs along with all the other bedrooms. What i dont understand is that is when these houses were still building at a higher price then what we have it listed for they were selling so quivk with the same exact model as mine and layout. We have one of the bigger back yards (and fenced in) in the neighborhood.

Old 07-31-2014, 12:49 PM

505 posts, read 789,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcfarlin09 View Post
Master is upstairs along with all the other bedrooms. What i dont understand is that is when these houses were still building at a higher price then what we have it listed for they were selling so quivk with the same exact model as mine and layout. We have one of the bigger back yards (and fenced in) in the neighborhood.
Ummm. . .yeah. A new house will go for more than a two-year-old house that has been lived in. Not sure what else you would expect.

Old 07-31-2014, 01:04 PM

Yeah but we are priced 30k less than the new ones. And what makes the kitchen look dated? Just curious

Old 07-31-2014, 01:10 PM

663 posts, read 1,203,815 times
I was looking at the sales history, as well. I'm not a realtor, but that increase from 2 years ago might put me off a little bit as a buyer. I agree with everything that drfranklin has listed. The proximity to the expressway might be a hurdle, as well. (Even if there is no noise nuisance). Overall, it's a nice house and I hope none of the constructive criticism you receive here is too discouraging. It only takes one buyer, but you definitely need to get more people through the door. Good luck!

Old 07-31-2014, 01:11 PM

663 posts, read 1,203,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcfarlin09 View Post
Yeah but we are priced 30k less than the new ones. And what makes the kitchen look dated? Just curious
IMHO, it's the light colored cabinets and black appliances. Many new homes have a dark wood and stainless appliances.

Old 07-31-2014, 01:13 PM

Yes I appreciate all the information from everyone. I know its not brand new and I know things appeal differently to everyone so that is why I ask. The increase is huge i think because the area has grown so much in the past two years. The last lot just sold for $215,000. All the comps are good and we still place below market value for our area. Who knows. Lol I like the feed back though cause it lets me know what turns people off

Old 07-31-2014, 01:22 PM

693 posts, read 1,106,826 times
There's no curb appeal and it looks nearly identical to the house beside it. Perhaps you could spruce up the front a bit and add something to the back to give it a little flair, something to make it unique. A family with young children might be drawn to a play yard in the back for instance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area