Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 07:11 PM

75 posts, read 353,194 times

Advertisements

Looking for a shooting range within the greenville area or more preferably the simpsonville/fountain inn area that you dont have to be a member to use the facility. The only one i found online was Greenville Gun Club and you have to be a member to go. Me and my stepdad have been lookin for a place we can go maybe like a few times a year just for some target practice
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2007, 09:17 PM

lol i guess form 63 views and zero replies that nobody knows anywhere? Id appriciate it if anybody could help me out

Old 12-26-2007, 07:02 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,788,937 times
Do a search for "shooting range" on this forum. It has been discussed before.

Old 12-26-2007, 06:27 PM

12 posts, read 83,136 times
When I came down to Greenville for a visit last summer, I was a bit disappointed with the "lack" of places to shoot around the area. I'm an instructor and hoped to do some of that after retirement next year. I did manage to visit and shoot at the local Greenville Shooting Club, which is nice, but does require annual membership. But, I just did a Google search, and it looks like someone is presently building a new indoor range in Greenville....ready in early 2008. You can Google "Allen Arms Indoor Range" in Greenville and get the information. Hope this helps and hope it turns out to be a nice range for my future use.

Old 12-27-2007, 09:39 PM

1 posts, read 18,746 times
Only public place I know of is in Pickens. The DNR operates that range. It is off Breazale Road.

Old 12-28-2007, 11:13 AM

o ok thanks carex hopefully you wont need a membership to shoot there. If it comes down to it i guess we might just have to end up gettin a membership somewhere but itd really be wasted cause we only wanna shot maybe like twice a month

Old 12-28-2007, 10:37 PM

12 posts, read 83,136 times
If the new indoor range is like most operations, you will be able to shoot for an hourly fee. Some ranges offer memberships that give you more or unlimited time if space is available. You should be able to afford to shoot there twice a month without spending too much, particularly if you take your own ammo and targets. Good luck. I only manage to shoot once a month up here in Virginia because of my work schedule, and one really needs twice a month to keep you skills current. I am lucky here, I am only 10 minutes from the NRA Headquarters indoor range....best in the country...50 yds. indoor...shoot anything up to .50 cal...and all target holders are computerized. I will miss that when I move. Good luck.

Old 12-29-2007, 08:40 AM

Sounds good we have more guns than an army base in my house but some are collectables and wont be shot in order to protect the condition. Mostly what were gonna be shootin is a 9mm ruger p89 and a smith and wesson chrome 9mm, a remington 12 gauge pump shotgun if we ever get any shells for it, the 30 caliber deer rifle, and my favorite one we have tha AR180B(semi auto). Havent had but a few chances to shoot before so im lookin forward to bein able to go there and get my skill up

Old 12-29-2007, 10:29 AM

1 posts, read 18,708 times
You can also checkout:
- Riverbend Resort (www.rvrbend.com) which has an outdoor range (currently $35/hour), along with a nice sporting clays course and lots of other shooting related activities and services. It is located in Fingerville, which is about a 35 minute drive from Greenville.
- Dewey's Pawn Shop (http://deweyspawn.com/index.html (broken link)) which is in Greenville but only has an indoor pistol range with 2 lanes. It won't work for all your guns, at it's $25/visit for non-members, but it could be a good place to start.
- Rex's Indoor Range, near Highland Lake, NC (828-696-9838) is about a 45-minute drive from Greenville, but its got a full indoor range, gun rentals available, a nice gun shop attached to it, and reasonable rates ($10/hr???). Call first to check about the latest rates and possible caliber restrictions.
If you really want to shoot even 1x/month, you probably want to reconsider the Greenville Gun Club. I think the membership is $150/yr. which works out to less than $15/month for just about all the shooting you want. The members are also pretty nice, and the atmosphere is pretty casual.

Hope this helps.

Old 12-29-2007, 03:08 PM

yea i know where deweys is at i didnt know they had a range inside tho. Most guns they sell at deweys are available only to police tho every gun we wanted to look at they told us was only available for police use
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area