U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2014, 11:25 PM

13 posts, read 22,581 times

Advertisements

Hello,
I wish you have great day. I will be moving to simpsonville at the end of this year. And want to start making new artsy friends in greenville, sc area. I don't mind driving 3 hours if that is where the art scene exist. I am from san francisco, and get used to the horrible traffic here. so want to ask you where the local artists usually hang out, where is the best art craft supply stores, and where the cool artist meetup are.

I am chinese, has a tattoo. I don't think there is a bible belt problem for me since I am christian.

What is the art scene like in SC? and would be wonderful if you can suggest some artistic thing to do as well.

I heard and been to the artisphere festival.

thanks in advance and look forward to hear from you soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2014, 03:59 AM

1,509 posts, read 2,104,338 times
The main hangout for artsy types in the Greenville area is the Village of West Greenville . It is reinventing itself as it goes.

Another smaller hangout community is the Taylors Mill

Asheville is also known as a place for artist types to hang out.

Depending on the type of art, many artists support themselves with other work. The art market here will be smaller than a large city.

Old 08-11-2014, 01:22 PM

Thanks.
is there any online groups you know that focus on art in greenville?

Old 08-11-2014, 06:16 PM

141 posts, read 194,558 times
OP, I bet if you check meetup.com for this area, you might find a group or two whose focus is the arts. Worth a look! Good luck

Old 08-11-2014, 06:51 PM

Location: near downtown Greenville, SC (viewing the sunset vicariously at the North Gulf Shore Beach Access)
1,894 posts, read 3,708,413 times
(reiterating what bikeoid stated above) Check out the Pendleton Street Arts District - another "up and coming" area of Greenville

Here is great (recent) article re the Village of West Greenville/Pendleton Street Arts District from Town Magazine

Another website resource: Greeville's Metropolitan Arts Council

Last edited by drfranklin; 08-11-2014 at 07:10 PM..

Old 08-11-2014, 06:55 PM

thanks so much!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or