Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2011, 12:53 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,221,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scme5 View Post
I have a reliable source that works at Sport's Authority, said they were closing the Laurens Rd location and would be opening a larger location on Woodruff Rd, he said Toys R Us was supposed to be moving in same location.. has this been mentioned before, I think I read that Sports Authority was not going to be part of this development.. so is there somewhere else?
If Sports Authority was to replace both Greenville stores with a single store on Woodruff Road, the former Goody's at Plazagreen would be the only vacant location to suit their needs. Then again, Haywood Road has significant vacancy with the former Steve and Barry's at the Gallery and the former Circuit City on Woods Crossing Road.

Sports Authority's Laurens Road store has consistently posted greater sales and net profit than its Magnolia Park store.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2011, 12:57 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,776,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
If Sports Authority was to replace both Greenville stores with a single store on Woodruff Road, the former Goody's at Plazagreen would be the only vacant location to suit their needs. Then again, Haywood Road has significant vacancy with the former Steve and Barry's at the Gallery and the former Circuit City on Woods Crossing Road.

Sports Authority's Laurens Road store has consistently posted greater sales and net profit than its Magnolia Park store.

The former Goody's location has been leased to Christmas Tree Shops. I'm now hearing it's the Laurens Road location closing also with their last day of operation being August 14th. New Sports Authority is slated to be built next to Costco.

Old 06-30-2011, 03:06 PM

356 posts, read 677,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
The former Goody's location has been leased to Christmas Tree Shops. I'm now hearing it's the Laurens Road location closing also with their last day of operation being August 14th. New Sports Authority is slated to be built next to Costco.

that's kind of odd though isn't it without closing the Magnolia Park location as well...,

I'm hearing Toys R Us also, so would those two buildings take up all the existing land on the Costco side of the development? Or are they going to be part of Magnolia Park?

Old 06-30-2011, 03:32 PM

1,941 posts, read 4,467,794 times
At this point I almost prefer to see Menin sell Magnolia Park to someone who can do something better with it. That, or see Menin hang onto it for a while until they can sign the type of tenants they originally promised us.

So much potential, and the only good thing to come of it so far is Costco...

Old 07-01-2011, 05:39 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,539,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenville View Post
At this point I almost prefer to see Menin sell Magnolia Park to someone who can do something better with it. That, or see Menin hang onto it for a while until they can sign the type of tenants they originally promised us.

So much potential, and the only good thing to come of it so far is Costco...
Very well stated. I've had a bad feeling about that development since the huge piles of raw earth were never removed after demolition of the old Greenville Mall. That plot should really be a showpiece for that Woodruff Road/I-385/I-85 zone... An appropriate gateway to the city and area. Hopefully, in the redo of the I-85/I-385 interchange, some of the traffic in that stretch of Woodruff will be re-engineered and re-directed.

Old 07-01-2011, 07:36 AM

21,020 posts, read 27,221,764 times
With Sports Authority, Toys "R" Us/Babies "R" Us, and Bass Pro Shop rumored for Magnolia Park, you will have 1 extra large and 2 large retail structures to utilize. Bass Pro Shop will require more parking spaces, so a parking structure will be necessary.

Old 07-25-2011, 01:19 PM

Bids for building next to Cheddar's which will six retail tenant spots goes out August 2nd.

Old 07-25-2011, 02:31 PM

18 posts, read 38,696 times
Does anyone know what is going in the space currently under construction?

Old 07-25-2011, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~~4~~ View Post
Does anyone know what is going in the space currently under construction?
Cheddar's.

Last edited by g-man430; 07-25-2011 at 03:36 PM..

Old 07-25-2011, 04:30 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,539,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Cheddar's.
Wasn't an upscale Mexican place supposed to open in that area about the same time as Cheddar's (or at least I remember them being announced at about the same time)?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area