U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2014, 10:39 PM

1,892 posts, read 2,494,127 times

Advertisements

It is really usage versus availability. Verizon wins on availability. Due to heavy users/abusers, we are moving into new pricing territories. It will swing back just like Cloud has continually become so much cheaper if not totally free.
We are being encouraged to be more moderate about our usage and I don't see why we shouldn't do what we can at home or the office. It is reasonable usage. Unfortunately, usage is going the way of driving and talking and texting and all the other things people do in lieu of driving with care, as if it is not an important endeavor without all the other stuff thrown in. (LOL)

If one travels much at all, the Verizon network is the way to go, proven by practical usage by customers everywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2014, 10:33 AM

96 posts, read 193,607 times
So, Bmachina, I'm not sure which post you were referring to, so what service do you have that you like? Thanks. Everyone for your answers!!!

Old 10-05-2014, 02:42 PM

2,967 posts, read 4,170,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmachina View Post
Confirmed. The coverage and price is great. Verizon is a rip off in comparison.

I get unlimited everything for a great price.

People who visit me using Verizon are paying huge bills and always asking to tap into my home Wi-Fi so they don't use their precious Verizon data.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marjean View Post
So, Bmachina, I'm not sure which post you were referring to, so what service do you have that you like? Thanks. Everyone for your answers!!!
Oh geez, I use T Mobile, and it works great around Greenville and I can pretty much use it all the way up I 77 to Michigan with no issues. No real dead zones that I can think of other than a weird little spot in the mountain on the way to TR. T Mobile is probably 1/2 the price of Verizon and everything is unlimited.

Sorry, my reading comprehension was not the best. For some reason I thought you asked about T Mobile in the title.

Old 10-06-2014, 12:16 PM

5,781 posts, read 6,553,757 times
I have been a Sprint customer for about 10 years, in a grandfathered unlimited plan. Even with the lower price, I'm not happy with Sprint's data coverage in our area. It's very sporadic, especially the LTE 4G. Verizon and ATT have the best coverage in this area for data.

Try this to see coverage: http://www.sensorly.com/

Let us know what you get.

Last edited by USNRET04; 10-06-2014 at 12:26 PM..

Old 10-07-2014, 05:15 AM

215 posts, read 235,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marjean View Post
I've had verizon for years and still have unlimited data but I'm thinking of switching. For those of you who have ATT or Sprint , how is your service in the greenville area...and when you're traveling?
Why would you give up your unlimited data plan? Once you give it up, you can never get it back.

Old 10-08-2014, 04:42 PM

13 posts, read 22,611 times
Default T-Mobile

T-mobile not working for me around simpsonsville....30 min outside of greenville. I was traveling from SF and my ipad mini can't find the T-Mobile signal (Mine is the contract free $20 a month kinda deal for ipad mini LTE.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area