U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2014, 07:56 AM

4,884 posts, read 6,332,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeoid View Post
Agreed - a great family-run operation. Even the grand-baby was there 'learning the trade' while we were there. This is the info on Vito's in Facebook - which contains some pizza photos.

The first time I tried to find this place a year ago, Google had the address wrong and tried to direct me to Copper River; I thought it might be located behind that restaurant. But Google has the right info now and the location descriptions here make it easy to find.

Funny, I guess the baby was there last night too. Definitely a family run business - was nice to see this type of business, and the family support.

What have you had that you enjoyed on their menu...any suggestions on your end??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2014, 07:57 AM

I stand corrected, you can go on their Facebook page WITHOUT being FB member!!! Lots of pics!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vitos...12026545479711

Thanks Bikeoid!!!!!

Old 10-04-2014, 08:35 AM

Location: near downtown Greenville, SC (viewing the sunset vicariously at the North Gulf Shore Beach Access)
1,899 posts, read 3,723,941 times
I may try this today - does anyone know if they allow smoking inside the restaurant?

Old 10-04-2014, 09:38 AM

6,269 posts, read 18,889,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfranklin View Post
I may try this today - does anyone know if they allow smoking inside the restaurant?
I thought Greer passed a Indoor Clean Air law. Maybe I'm mistaken and they are still trying but I know I saw something about it shortly after my daughter moved there 2 years ago.

Old 10-04-2014, 09:51 AM

11,816 posts, read 26,795,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
I thought Greer passed a Indoor Clean Air law. Maybe I'm mistaken and they are still trying but I know I saw something about it shortly after my daughter moved there 2 years ago.
I'm pretty sure restaurants are smoke free in Greer as well unless it's a bar.

Old 10-04-2014, 01:00 PM

1,512 posts, read 2,113,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfranklin View Post
I'm pretty sure there is no smoking inside, but is allowed in the Al Fresco dining outside.

Old 10-04-2014, 01:25 PM

1,512 posts, read 2,113,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
What have you had that you enjoyed on their menu...any suggestions on your end??
We had the Benito's Lovers pizza. Also an appetizer - I forget what it was called, but it included Ricotta cheese and Basel. And the fresh, crisp salad speaks well of the attention to detail.

Old 10-04-2014, 05:16 PM

11,816 posts, read 26,795,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
I'm pretty sure restaurants are smoke free in Greer as well unless it's a bar.
I take that back. We ate at El Mariachi in Greer for dinner tonight and they had a smoking section.

Old 10-04-2014, 06:19 PM

383 posts, read 716,066 times
I apologize. I did not realize that Eldemila's pics were thumbnails that I could click on to make larger until today. I kept wondering how everyone but me was able to read such a small menu. I am curious, though, about if they are open on Sunday. The front of the menu on the Eldemila's thumbnail attachment says "Open 7 Days" but the FB page lists the hours as Monday-Saturday 11-9:30.

Old 10-04-2014, 07:12 PM

Quote:
I'm pretty sure there is no smoking inside, but is allowed in the Al Fresco dining outside.
No smoking inside, not sure what they do outside.

Quote:
We had the Benito's Lovers pizza. Also an appetizer - I forget what it was called, but it included Ricotta cheese and Basel. And the fresh, crisp salad speaks well of the attention to detail.
Hmmm...you'll have to let me know. It wasn't the Eggplant Rollatini, was it? What did you think of your pizza?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
I take that back. We ate at El Mariachi in Greer for dinner tonight and they had a smoking section.
Seriously??? Thankfully, Mexican has me going to Papa's & Beer each time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvlgal View Post
I apologize. I did not realize that Eldemila's pics were thumbnails that I could click on to make larger until today. I kept wondering how everyone but me was able to read such a small menu. I am curious, though, about if they are open on Sunday. The front of the menu on the Eldemila's thumbnail attachment says "Open 7 Days" but the FB page lists the hours as Monday-Saturday 11-9:30.
Have to admit, I was there for dinner tonight. There is a poster on the door with "NEW HOURS" posted. I meant to take a picture cause I know my memory may fail me, but I think it is 7 days a week with lunch hours from 11-2:30 and dinner from 4pm-9pm.

I'm not sure if on line hours are updated since he mentioned a customer did the FB page for him.

My best advice, call and find out exactly what his hours are before venturing over there.

I did ask him how long he's been there - 4yrs.

I had the eggplant parmigiana from the Lite Line area of the menu. I'm not big on pasta and always would ask restaurants in the past if it came with spaghetti could I sub another piece of eggplant instead of pasta. Vito's has it where you can order it without bread or pasta but it does include a side salad. I'm a blue cheese type of gal but they don't carry BC so I went with the house dressing, wasn't bad at all, definitely not the type of dressing I'm normally go for given the BC option, but I did eat my salad, minus the onions.

I think there are only 6 tables for 2 in there, and then the 7 booths, again, not a big place, but cozy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or